Finally ditching cigarettes

Well I’m going on 3 years not touching weed, 9 months staying away from alcohol and 3 days not picking up a cigarette. I finally built up the gumption to throw this last nasty habit away from my core and I’ll say this is not easy. Damn these moods. I’m very irritable but keep finding things to do to keep me from thinking about it. 19 years of smoking really took its toll on me physically, mentally and spiritually. I never imagined how good this could feel. My circulation is getting better, anxiety is dissipating as each minute passes without it and I’m feeling strong in my mind, despite the bitchiness. It took me so long to feel strong enough to do this and I’m really proud of myself. Can’t wait for my hair to get healthier and to see what else health wise is in store for me if I keep this up. Overall, I feel great :relaxed:

15 Likes

Hi Kelly that’s wonderful! I wish you much success! You can do it!

3 Likes

Huge congrats on your decision to quit smoking Kelly! it’s one day at a time as it is with all addictions. or one hour, one minute, one second at a time if need be… Nicotine is a beast. But you can do it. I did and nothing special here. 2268 days of freedom today after nearly 40 years of stupid smoking. If you want some reading and support i’d advise this thread. It’s not very active but there’s a lot of useful posts in there. Surely a good distraction from the urges. All success to you!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing! I’m proud of you too :relaxed:

1 Like

Thank you so much :relaxed::relaxed:

Congratulations!! One day at a time :grinning:

1 Like

Congrats on 3 days I hear it’s one of the hardest things to quit… I am no better being very overweight I used to say ‘I don’t smoke, I eat.’

1 Like

That’s a lot to be proud of :clap: You’ll no doubt do very well with this new challenge.

1 Like

Thank you so much :relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

congrats! that’s amazing!

1 Like