Finally hit a meeting

So I’m sitting around my house, feeling sorry for myself, what has become my usual routine as of late, thinking about needing to do something different. I started looking up meetings, which I’ve done several times already, and saw one that started 45 minutes from then and only a 3 minute drive from my house. And I said to myself ‘get in the shower right now and you can make it there’. And I did.

I’m proud of myself for not putting it off any longer. There were no more excuses. It’s a good next step for me and this stuck feeling I’ve been having for some time now. I didnt share much but I felt good coming out of it. I’m planning to go to one tomorrow morning as well. Thanks everyone for the constant nudging to get me to try something new.

31 Likes

That’s awesome. Glad the meeting was helpful and congrats to you.

3 Likes

Well done.
Don’t worry about sharing untill it feels really right.
Just sit and listen.
Listen for similarities. It helps us realise that we are not the only ones.

3 Likes

Awesome work for pushing your comfort zones and getting there! Well done :fire:

4 Likes

Way to go :slight_smile: I will go to my first meeting tomorrow.

5 Likes

This made my evening, it doesn’t take much I know. Way to go. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So pleased your giving the meetings a go . They changed my life so much. I love them . Welcome to the next part of your recovery x

3 Likes

Congratulations doin the sober dance. :woman_in_lotus_position::woman_in_lotus_position::woman_in_lotus_position:

2 Likes

I’m so glad you went Laura. Meetings were difficult for me in the beginning and now I have my 2 favorite that I never miss. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Just started going myself and I’m so glad I did. Keep it up.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thats my girl doing great , meetings make it easier and why not make it easier for your journey in sobriety well done

2 Likes