Finally trying to stop

I have been a heavy marijuana smoker for 4 years and since I smoke, I can not just live my life without worrying about a drug test. I have high anxiety too and when I don’t smoke I get irritated and angry so much easier. I am just ready to not have to worry about jobs and I also wanna quit being angry everytime I don’t smoke. Not to mention all of the money I am about to save. I spend $200-$300 on marijuana every month and everytime I figure that up…it blows my mind. And I am ready to start saving all of that or doing something beneficial with it.
Anyone else feel this way?

6 Likes

Well congrats on the realization! Now it’s time to put it into action!

1 Like

Thank you!! I did not want to quit for along time. I just said i wanted to but never did it. I am making myself now. I already feel myself getting irritable but i am fighting it

So, do something to redirect that emotion! Pushups, or run around the block. Find something to keep your mind off it. Heck; take a nap!

1 Like

That is definitely a good idea. I am about to go for a walk before it rains.

1 Like

There you go! Enjoy your walk! Stay dry! :wink:

1 Like

I walked 3 miles and i am pretty proud of that lol

1 Like

marijuana is a hell of a drug, i was addicted for 24 years on and off, giving up smoking was the best thing i could have done, good luck if u have any questions just pm, addictions is tough but it is worth quitting, congrats😁

1 Like

I think of weed as a nasty time waster now making me lazy and dumb. For a lot of time though I lied to myself to say that I loved weed.
I think the great thing is, after the initial withdrawal its like the fog is clearing visibly. Everyday I could feel my clarity and mental capacity coming back, my motivation, my feelings and interests. I got 46 days but because I thought I could controll it I lost it. Spoiler: I could NOT controll it. Now at day 14 and loving life, I say you got this! Its like becoming human again

And the money part gets pretty awesome in sobriety too $$$

2 Likes

dont give up, is worth it, u get plenty of time back

Unfortunately once time is lost it is lost for ever. I will never accept that I have plenty of time, as any human with plenty of any ressource waste a lot of it. My general idea is that I only have Now which is really little time and Its true , I dont have much time. So not wasting any of it on weed or pills

1 Like

good for u bro, one day at time. Relapsing only makes it worse.

1 Like

I’ve been there! I was an all day every day smoker. My budget was more like 200-300 a week. Honestly what worked for me was running. Started off with my goal just being a mile. Once I reached that goal I was hooked

1 Like

Yes it sure is. For the longest time ive told myself i need to quit but never really wanted to but now I do. And thank you i have never went through recovery before…but I know i got this.
Thank you!

1 Like

Honestly i agree with you! I lied to myself too and said I love weed. My mind keeps trying to convince me i do too lol but I won’t give in. I need my clarity and motivation back. I run a business so i need to be clear. And i can’t wait to see my money build up

1 Like

I’ve actually started walking. I am very out of shape lol so I am definitely having to push myself. I have thought about smoking all day and didnt but I walked 3 miles and it was awesome

2 Likes

just remember when does little voices tell u, to smoke a joint make sure u do something else, and u will feel better, since u have only done it for 4 years, u are already winning.

Hey @Butterflyash97 well done on making this choice and choosing a different way of being in the world. My DOC was alcohol but I used that, in part, to manage my anxiety. I used to be a big weed smoker before I turned to alcohol, about 20 years ago. I have a helluva CV right? Anyway, turns out both actually increased my anxiety enormously but I didn’t realise it then. Since being sober (73 days) my anxiety is massively reduced and I can think clearly and sensibly. In my first three weeks I walked for miles everyday too, and that also helped me. You can do this! Welcome to your new life :blush:

Good job! Idk where you live, but where I’m at the weather is really starting to get warm and parks are opening up and those are nice places to walk.