Financial burden

I’m on day 5 from not smoking weed.

Been having awful nightmares and feeling nauseous. But I’ve been doing a ton of zoom meetings. At least one in person meeting a day. Going to the gym… have gotten a bunch of new Womens numbers. I started feeling a glimmer of hope yesterday that I wouldn’t drink or kill myself… trying to stay positive.

But I have hit a really bad place financially. I have absolutely no $$ right now which for the most part I would be okay… friend here and there taking me out to eat. Getting creative with what I have at home. But I need to pick up my antidepressants and I have no money to do that… and I’m honestly terrified.
In the past in emegencies my father has let me borrow money for things like this but he has been ignoring and forwarding my calls for some time (which is a whole other heartbreaking scenario I don’t want to discuss rn)
I don’t know what to do. I can’t just stop taking these meds…

I’m trying to remain calm right now, as I’m laying in bed… but what do people do like this.
Everyone I seem to talk to in the program here seems to have at least one person to fall back on in hard times. I’m sad that I don’t have that. I’m scared about what’s gonna happen. I’m scared about the things I will want to do out of desperation.

If anyone has any advice for this situation please help me.

2 Likes

I am not sure where you live, but perhaps there are crisis services that can help with connecting you to a medication bridge until you can get connected to some kind of social service to help with medical expenses? A first thought might be to call your pharmacy and explain your situation and ask if they have any suggestions or can refer you somewhere for assistance. Sometimes the drug company has programs to help people who are struggling to pay for meds, also. I will send positive thoughts your way. You can’t be alone in this and I’m hoping there is a temporary or even more long term assistance out there for you.

3 Likes

Partnership for Prescription Assistance 800-503-6897 or 1-888-477-2669
https://www.needymeds.org/covid-aos/list/AA/59
Or contact your local county mental health office in your area
There are many pantries also with Covid shutdowns affecting so many families economically. https://www.foodpantries.org/
I hope this helps.
Big hugs and take care of you :heart:

1 Like

I’ll second @RosaCanDo’s thoughts.
Low- to no-income people are vulnerable to thus and I would be very surprised if there weren’t some mechanism in place where you live to help you out.
It might take a few phone calls but well worth the effort, and maybe some extended assistance for medication costs will also be available.
Wishing you success in this. It’s worth chasing after.
:+1:

Check the manufacturer’s website. They often provide financial help for those in need of meds.

Luckily a had a friend come to my rescue. What would I do without people in the program?

2 Likes