Finding myself

I am currently 250 days sober and I have become the person I have always wanted to be when I was drinking. I however have now substituted alcohol with unhealthy foods. Now I am struggling to be healthy I don’t know what is wrong with me, Today is my second day trying to stop eating junk and still protect my sobriety. Is there anyone feeling like me😢

9 Likes

Congrats on the 250 days sober that’s awesome and there’s nothing wrong with you since I’ve quit I have also found myself eating more junk foods and putting on a little weight but I feel that’s something I can deal with down the road I’d much rather be eating a bit more than using that’s the way I look at it but if it’s bothering you just keep working at cutting down on the junk food

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouragement

1 Like

I really really appreciate all the support and encouragement

1 Like

took me over a year before I decided to stop eating a whole packet of chocolate digestives a day as well as god knows what else. I still eat the god knows what else but its progress not perfection we strive for so for now enjoy your sobriety and everything will happen when it’s meant to. congrats on your sober days BTW :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouragement and support

1 Like

I have about half your time sober and I gained a little weight not drinking. I have noticed my sugar intake to have increased a bit since stopping. I just want to eat junk food. Right now I know the junk food is a lot better for me than alcohol so I’m ok with it. But I will be making some diet changes in the future to get back on track. I think my body is still adjusting so I’m cutting myself some slack. I read a post from @Matt a while back and he called it the “ anything method”. That is, where your allowed to do ANYTHING to maintain sobriety. specifically an example he gave was having ice cream for breakfast. I haven’t gone that far haha but I like the method and remind myself of that if I get too in my head with self pity. Cheer up! Your sober! That’s awesome! Tackle the cutting out the junk food slowly. It will get better. Everything always does! Especially if you stay sober! :+1:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Anything that’s

safe and legal

:innocent:

(I don’t mean to be rude but I just want to be sure no one does something unwise - there’s lots of things that aren’t safe and/or legal, that I wouldn’t advise people to do. We never know who might be reading these threads since the forum is public :innocent:)

I like your example of ice cream for breakfast. I have actually done that myself! Would recommend as a way to surprise yourself one day & have some fun. You’re absolutely right:

1000% true - right on! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you for adding this! I forgot the disclaimer portion which is important Haha :joy: your the best Matt. The heavy hitters always come out when you need them! :+1:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like