Finished 6th Day

It is officially the 7th day beginning of my sobriety and I’m not even craving anymore. I’m really enjoying feeling good and healthy and not acting stupid as I did when I would get drunk. I respect myself so much more as a person when I am sober and my mind functions at full capacity as it should. I have patience, rationalization, stability, and content in my days now. I haven’t had 7 days in 6 years. 6 years ago I quit drinking but replaced it with pot and in three months with hitting the gym 6 days a week I was able to lose 35 pounds, but I still wasn’t sober, and my diet was horrible, I skipped meals and did too much time at the gym, that’s no life, my intent was to take a break from alcohol and lose weight but being older and wiser now I know that I’m an alcoholic and my life will only be the way I want it if I am completely uninhibited, and I want to be HEALTHY, not skinny. I’m loving this me. Everything will come in time. I started running today, spending the day swimming at the beach tomorrow, while I still have some days off before my new job starts. I’ll be starting the new job with 18 days sober and it’s HAPPENING! Yay me!!! Yay us!!! :blush:

10 Likes

Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Thaaaaank youuu! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Thank you so much!!!

That’s a great post to read today! Congratulations!

Hey thanks so much friend!

Congrats, sounding great, keep up the hard work.

1 Like