First 24 hours done! I'm terrified!

I am so thankful to have found this app as I now have something to occupy my mind. I have just completed 24 without alcohol and im terrified to go to sleep incase I don’t wake up again. The anxiety is crippling! :frowning:

15 Likes

Your wake up and yes the days n nights may be long n tough gpi g but there’s always someone here 24/7to speak with. X including myself.

4 Likes

Thank you so much Lilemm!!

1 Like

Stick with it . I promise you it will get better. I use to drink to get rid of my anxiety or so I thought. Very quickly I realised the drink multiplied my anxiety massively. The longer you are sober the less anxiety you will feel . Stay strong and stay on here. :blush:

4 Likes

hi and welcome, it’s going to be hard but sobriety is an amazing place to live when things settle down a bit. Read lots and reach out when it’s getting too much. You are not alone anymore, we all understand bc we are exactly the same as you and have been where you are right now. Remember it’s one day at a time and it doesn’t matter how you feel, it’s what you do about it. I wish you well on your journey :+1:

4 Likes

cheeky you beat me, get back in your hole.

Thank you so very much! :heart:

1 Like

And thank you too for your kind words. It means so much to know I am not alone here in the darkness!

2 Likes

Yes dear :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Thank you!!! Yes I see, it’s amazing here!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome @Redmars, I’m so glad you found us… stay strong and be gentle with yourself. Defo not alone, we’re all here right with you. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

My first 24 were terrifying. Shakes, sweats, anxiety depression anger. Im only 4 days sober currently sitting in my doctor’s office to get treatment

3 Likes

Oh my God wow yes same here! The anxiety is terrifying isnt it??? I thought I was going to have a heart attack in my sleep and die!!! I seriously considered going to the doctors today but I decided to give myself a break and took it easy at home drinking plenty of herbal tea, electrolytes and water. God what a nightmare alcohol addiction is!!! I hope your doc was able to help, what treatment have they opted for? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I really took it easy today and tried to relax my body and mind. It means so much to have support. Ive been failing at quitting for about 20 years, I might have been more successful sooner if I had had you all back then!!:gift_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Welcome! You’re doing great, I’m so glad you’re here with us :pray:t2::two_hearts:

You got this. Tomorow is going to be a better day!