First 30 days! Cleaning my Mess!

Hey there, I’m Steph. I have a little over a month sober now and that is a blessing. I am definitely grateful for that. However, I am living in the “suck,” should i say, or i am putting the pieces back together of my life and it’s rather uncomfortable. I’ve made a mess of everything and everyone that I love. I am feeling the pain and discomfort of the mess i made when i was not sober. I am trying to hold on the right way in recovery. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and God bless you.

4 Likes

Welcome @Steph_C, and congratulations on the 30+ days!

1 Like

Congrats on your 30 days sober. For me AA and the 12 steps helped me clean up the wreckage of my past. Maybe check out a meeting.

1 Like

I don’t have a full month sober I’ve a month with blips. I would say search around on here read loads and ask anything. You’re already doing great. This forum can consolidate that. Welcome :blush:

1 Like

Hi, welcome.
The discomfort you’re experiencing is something we all go through, it’s part of the process. It does get better over time, I can tell you that. Just stick to the path, make apologies/ammends where able and necessary, and try to not be too hard on yourself. You can only do so much.

Stick around! The forum and the folks here are a great help.

Best of luck to you

3 Likes

Hi and welcome Steph! We’ve most all been right where you are, it’s a tough process but man it’s SO worth cleaning up and repairing what we can. Stick with us girl, glad you are here!

1 Like