First 30 Ever!

I finally made 30 days sober! I tried once in my twenties and that lasted about a day. In the last 6 months I have tried and failed more times than I would like to count, but I finally did it. Joining this forums discussions (I have been reading topics for months) changing my daily schedule and reminding myself daily why I need to do this has made all the difference. Thank you all for being heređź’š

20 Likes

Congratulations Lanie! Good on you

1 Like

It’s so refreshing to hear when people are making progress! Awesome job! Don’t get complacent… it’s very easy for the little voice to tell you, “you don’t have problem, you might be able to actually control your drinking now?!?” Don’t fall for it!

3 Likes

Congratulations. Welcome!

1 Like

Awesome keep up the good work…:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Woo hoo! It’s great to hear a success story!

1 Like

I know that voice far to well! I am planning on continuing on with my same routine a checking in hear. :blush:

1 Like

Congrats! What a great feeling… I’m close to 30 days myself. :blush:

1 Like

Well done! Keep coming back! :fist:

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Hey Lanie, congrats on 30 days! I’m right behind you and hit 30 this morning :smiley:
I’ve been liking you’re “Reasons to keep fighting” posts. I agree that reading other peoples stories and changing your routine has a huge impact! Keep fighting, keep enjoying your sober life :heart:

1 Like

Well done!! I have such a similar story. I am on day 5…i have tried so many times over the past couple of years and the longest i have lasted previously is 6 days. Loving how i am feeling and gow efficient i am being. It is just witching hor in that time between finishing work, while cooking dinner, which i find so hard. I always used to have wine while cooking. Once I eat dinner I seem fine and cravings are gone…and my nights sleep is so so much better! Lets do this!!:muscle:

1 Like

Fantastic news @Lanie!!!
The first thirty brings with it so many challenges. I drank every day and could just remember realizing after thirty, that if I could stop for thirty, I could really DO this sobriety thing!
Congratulations on thirty hard fought days. I hope you get to do something nice for yourself today, something to celebrate truly being ALIVE again. Writing down some reflections on thirty days either here or just for yourself might be helpful for any waivering moments in the future.
So very glad you are here, and so very happy to be sober with you.
Much Love :heart:️
Ely

1 Like

Congratulations on 30 days! A few people in this thread celebrating milestones, that’s cool :sunglasses::grinning:

1 Like

Congrats on your 30!!!