First 7 Days!

Last week was bad so I checked myself into the hospital for detox. Since then, the physical withdrawal symptoms have subsided, thanks to the many prescriptions they gave me. Now it’s just the “mental withdrawals.”

2 Likes

7 days here. And yes a New Englander. Grew up in Quincy, MA. College in Boston, then moved south. I picked right up on wicked, too.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I didn’t know “wicked” was a new englander thing. I’m from Minnesota and picked up the word somehow when I was young and it stuck. It’s a good word :hugs:

1 Like

This makes you a ROCKSTAR!!! Stay positive. Best of the best possible wishes!

It is! We all thought we were so cool using it as kids. Then there is always “pissa”, which means “excellent”. So, if something is wicked pissa…well, that is the best. And tying that to sobriety, let me say that you having 7 days with no drinking is wicked pissa.:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

“Mental withdrawals” - totally! I’m glad you’re past that physical hump and building strength on the mental one now.

Yoda-Stevie posts about the mental stuff a lot. He’s a fun guy to read here - insightful. Here’s one from his early sobriety, just a few weeks after where you are now:

Take care & never forget: you’re a good person who deserves a safe, sober life where you can be your full self.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

3 Likes

@Cedarpremium. And the mental challenge does get better over time. That is the good news.

2 Likes

I’m from Plymouth area; you’re bringing up old memories now, lol! Been in FL for 18 years and I still don’t have too many "R"s in my vocabulary!
I just said to someone here at work, “familiar” and I noticed it myself, lol

1 Like

@anon79808082…South Carolina since 1983 and people still ask me where I’m from!! Went to high school on the Cape!

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing that. That’s a great way to look at it.

1 Like

Oh cool! I was living in Sagamore beach before I moved here but went to HS in Kingston.
Sagamore was the best place ever, what a great little town.

1 Like

Boston boy here. “Wicked” is indeed a New England thing. I remember one of the highest compliments someone could receive was he/she was a “Wicked good kid” or a brainy student was “wicked smahht”. “Pissa” meant “cool” and something “wicked pissa” was really cool.

Then I joined the Marines and met guys from all over the country who asked me why I used “wicked” instead of “really”.

2 Likes

A lot of South Shore connections. That’s where I am. Born and raised in Weymouth. Now just a couple towns over.

2 Likes

Snap! 7 days for me too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats! We can do it!

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I remember “wicked” stood on it’s own, too, as an exclamation. “Wicked” with the emphasis on the “Wi”.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I talk to my sista a few times a week and I laugh sometimes how thick her accent is…and when she says, “wicked!”. :smile:

2 Likes

Hey what’s up Peegee my name is Brian. I’ll have ten months clean and sober on the 15th of this month. I did it one day at a time with my higher power, whom I call Jesus Christ, in full control of my journey. I give over my will and my life over to my higher power on a daily basis.

2 Likes