First Bad Craving

Hi All,

I had my first intense craving last night, which surprises me, given how much I’ve been drinking. I suspect my hangover on Jan 27th was so bad that the memory of it was steadying my resolve. (Nothing like burying the weekend’s 3 empty bottles of scotch in the
trash so your partner doesn’t see them.). Anyway, yesterday after a dreadful work meeting, I walked home and couldn’t stop imagining how great it would be to drink some whiskey, just a small glass, and how much better I’d feel. The imaging was like a really beautiful awful music in my head. I wanted to try to figure out what kept me from doing it, drinking. I think reading the posts here really helped, so my thanks and gratitude for them. I also just didn’t want to reset my timer and I thought I’d feel so guilty and shitty the next day. So I made in through, but I can’t say it was because being sober at the moment felt all that great. Anyway, thanks for listening. I’m on my 18th day!

6 Likes

First and foremost well done for not caving in secondly early recovery isn’t meant to feel to great especially at 3weeks I was on a hourly rollercoaster at 3 weeks tbh not really knowing my ass from my elbow be patient and maybe try to look for an outlet ie a program of growth

2 Likes

18 days is great and so is posting and reading here!! You are doing this!! :heart:

1 Like

Great job! Reading posts helps a lot it is true. I also have same experience about fighting cravings by thinking how badly I dont want resetting timer and feeling guilt next day.
So good for you you fought them! And congratz kn 18 days! :tada:

1 Like

Thank you! And it is a roller coaster, so I’m really grateful for sleep.

Thank you! And thank you for your posts, they help me so much.

1 Like

MortenPL, thank you! (And I love morning coffee and cigarettes too.)

1 Like

Good on you Clara. You are so right, these posts are like iron, it’s like body armour. I am loving being on here, so far so good. Well done again.

1 Like