First check while trying out sobriety

I got paid today. Usually this is when I will purchase my wine. I need to get groceries and that’s where the wine is.

5 Likes

Just be strong and don’t even think about it it’s not worth it grocery stores are the worst you got this

1 Like

Walking in alcohol department was usually first stop for me when going to the store. I went in other way for the first few weeks. It’s much easier now.

2 Likes

For my brain I have to tell myself that I’m NOT buying wine at the store. I’m there for X,Y,Z and that is it. If I don’t make a conscious decision to NOT buy the wine, I’ll find myself in that section and putting a bottle in my cart without even thinking. So, maybe decide ahead of time that you aren’t buying, get what you need and then LEAVE. You can do this!

3 Likes

I’m thinking of using curbside pick up when I can… But this Will help

You don’t drink anymore.
Why would you want to buy it
Just keep telling yourself this.

5 Likes

I like this. Thank you😁

Yes! The curbside pick up is great for this. I’ve done that a few times. Whatever it takes.

I got paid today also, and I have been sober for 19 days and would be on my second bottle of wine by now.
Today instead, I bought a new electric toothbrush and a book. Treat yourself to something which will make you feel better about yourself and a reward.

7 Likes

Ooohhh…great idea

Whenever I found the money to drink it was always more expensive than I thought it would be. I’d start off with a 6 pack or a bottle of wine, but I can easily finish that in a night so I’d go out for more, then I’d be shelling out more money the next day trying to curb the hangover. An expensive hobby poisoning myself! Stay strong, you got this!

2 Likes

And how are you today?

1 Like

Good morning.
I’m GOOD. Just waking up. I tried for 6/630…yup be productive…but it was 730ish. :blush::coffee:
I’m feeling…good. I like this.

:hugs:thank you for checking

2 Likes

You got this Girl. Sober is always better! Your body and soul does not want or need the addictive, cancer causing poison! Only your flesh does and you are the Boss of that! Have a great sober Saturday!!!

3 Likes

If you have to when you go to the store get on your phone and call someone and just talk about anything when your walking around and next you know your ready to pay out with no alcohol it worked for me hopefully this helps you

2 Likes

I was shooting for 7 and woke up at 10. With a headache! But it’s not because I’m hungover so I’m still winning. Glad you are feeling good today! It just gets better as each day passes. Keep it up!

1 Like

Another day done! Hope your feeling just as good today!

1 Like

Almost a week now!!!:blush:

3 Likes

Woop woop! Great stuff!

1 Like

7days cravings are horrible time