First day and a break up

You are so on point to discuss the relationship between trauma and addiction. That’s so often glossed over, and failing to acknowledge it that connection has always resulted in me caving. I think it might be helpful for me to acknowledge that I want a drink to get numb or to try to forget just for awhile … and then tell myself that numbing won’t heal all the wounds that are there. Usually it makes it worse because of the guilt and shame that comes along with it.

And you’re also on point to see how much those empty spaces in the house are like little needles pricking at you. They aren’t finishing the move until mid May, which I think is fair enough. It’s going to be a long month.

1 Like

I relate to this so much. Thank you for sharing

1 Like

That was very strong of you. Not to drink. Crying is okay. Clears out the sinuses. Crying is actually healthy for you once in a while. No lie. You can look it up.

Keep posting in this forum. We are all the same here. :metal:

2 Likes

Youve got this dude… The alcohol is just going to bring you down anyways, I promise once you make this change things will look up for you … Might take a minute or two but you can do it!! If I can do it after 14 years of drinking every day you can too :slight_smile: get lots candy of for withdrawls and eat lots of bananas and drink aloe juice to heal up that stomach :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not. It was the best thing that could have happened. Catalyst to my change, growth and sobriety.

I am absolutely thankful for the dumpster fire, the heat helped me forge a new life.

2 Likes