First day clean from cocaine

Today is my first day clean from cocaine. I’ve tried before but have failed. Couldnt get past the 30 day mark. I want to stay clean so badly. I just hope that I can do it this time. Tonight i’ll start going to NA meetings again. Pray for me please.

43 Likes

Jammie is soooooo, correct. I tried everything. This time I am just being sober today, I will worry about tomorrow…tomorrow…we are here for you

5 Likes

Thank you for your support!

2 Likes

This place has been amazing for me. Everyone here has helped me so much

3 Likes

Please try your best to stay stcm to NA meetings. I pray for you

1 Like

I wish you the very best. I’m here for alcoholism, but I had a struggle with cocaine years ago. I understand how the claws of that drug can really dig in. Good luck and keep posting!

3 Likes

If you count crack as cocaine, and I do, then I had a bitch of a time quitting. Then mental obsession was insane. I definitely recommend an IOP program.

Hi! Today is my first day clean of cocaine… maybe we can help each other! I hope you are doing good, i still feel guilty from yesterday night… i hope to hear from you soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Admittedly, I have no experience with cocaine addiction. My understanding is the physical withdrawls resolve rather quickly, and it is the psychological dependency that is the biggest long-term challenge. I guess this is common across almost all chemical addictions, to include alcohol.

What I am trying to say here is just because you’ve not yet been able to get past the 30-day clean mark, “can’t” isn’t the word you should use. It is a mental barrier, not a physical one. If you’ve done 28 days, you can do 29. How do I know? Because you did 28. If you can do 29, then you can do 30. Why? Because you’ve done 29.

The only thing stopping you from 30, 50, 100, 365, 1976, 4655, is you, and the belief that 30 is an insurmountable barrier. It’s not. It is no bigger than 7, or 9, or 15. It’s just 24 hours.

Seeking a support network and gathering tools and skills to get you through each day is key to surviving, and more so, to thriving. You can do this.

15 Likes

Its nice to know im not alone. I still feel guilty about last night as well when i relapsed. This addiction is ruining my life. Lets help eachother stay strong and clean!

4 Likes

I remember my first 5 minutes sober then first day now I am at 100 days and counting. Your already on the path of sobriety. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Off booze and drugs here too since almost 24h. Just so tired of going back to these old patterns every time something happens in my life or just an occasion, like “yeah I deserve a drink”, and that drink ends up 3 weeks later… I’m trying to focus on what’s important for me today. I’ll do the same tomorrow. I think reading some posts here can help too. I’m afraid too. But I think we already took a big step today. Let’s do it again tomorrow!

6 Likes

Congratulations, I wish you the best.

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

You can do this! I have faith in you. From your message I can see that it just does not fit in your life anymore. I have never thought I could stop, it was my fun think to do at parties then bring it home to do it with my husband. First only on Fridays then it progressed to 2 times a week then more. I was lucky because I was a contractor at the time so I could miss work. My hangovers were massive my body destroyed. One of the problems for me was that I associated coke with fun, I had to slowly form new actions to replace this association. I don’t know if you feel a similar feeling. If I did not do it it was like something is missing. The moment you chose to be busy with estimable actions, going to the movies, working out, yoga, lectures, hanging out with clean friends, reading books…you will form new associations. I am telling you this because I know it is possible! Have faith and be loving and kind to yourself!

3 Likes

Don’t feel guilty, don’t judge yourself, you are fighting and not giving up, that is an important part, this movement of trying will get you to win over the addiction. Be compassionate with yourself. I have tried a million times before stopping for good, it is part of the process. Have faith!

1 Like

I guess we have to use that guilt feeling when we want to do it again. Today i will avoid any situation that could cause me tbe urge of use cocaine. In fact, im staying in the whole weekend…

Anyway i have already been sober for 2 months but the past three weeks i relapsed and used cocaine nearly everyday. This time i dont want to fail. You have my support. Please stay strong, because doing so, you make me stronger as well :):grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you for those advices! You just opened my eyes about an important thing! I will keep it in mind and find something that i consider funny not related with cocaine! Thank you !!!

2 Likes

Yes! Thinking doing cocaine is fun is definitely a huge problem for me! Even though Its not even fun anymore! (If that makes any sense).

5 Likes

That does makes total sense to me. The last times I have used I was not even enjoying it, snorting line after line as a mindless act… when I did not even really want to do it, but I get it now that this is part of my addiction. To think that now I don’t crave it and could not even imagine doing it again is something crazy, but so real. Trust me if I am doing it you and anyone can do it, for me it all begun with a dissatisfaction just like how you feel now…something saying that it was just not fun and not worth it. Doing coke prevented me from living in the present which is the only moment that we have. I used to numb myself and think that was fun. I don’t condemn myself that’s what I had to go through to gain a better understanding of life and of who I really am. We are much bigger than our addictions, that is just a part of who we are that does not define us. We are much more complex. Addiction is only one part of us. It is something I have to watch my whole life, but that is such a small price.

8 Likes