First day clean from cocaine

It does!!! I dont know where are you from, but here in Europe it’s 10 am so good morning! I hope you have a lovely day!!!

1 Like

I would absolutely love to visit Europe! Which part are you from? (Sorry, a little off topic lol)

Well done miss. Don’t let your brain to trick you, I know it is easier said than done but just remember that every urge you get is a chance to recover… best of luck…

4 Likes

From italy! And where are you from ?? :slight_smile:
Im going to an afternoon techno party today… i will stay strong i promise!!! My friends use also other kind of drugs… like ecstasy, ketamine i will go with my car so i can leave anytime i dont feel confortable anymore :slight_smile: and of course no alcohol to stay away from temptations! I ll keep you updated!!! Have a good day Rach!!!

2 Likes

I can list like a thousand reasons why that’s a bad idea to go to that party.

3 Likes

So what’s different now? I’m sure you wanted to quit then, but willpower wasn’t enough. Why do you think it will be different now?

No its not… i love techno music i even play it… so i m going for tbe music this time! Anyway… i relapsed because i was out again until late night and not thinking about my respinsabilities… this time will be different because tbe last time i used it, i stayed out the whole night without sleeping, when i came home at 10 am i was disgusted of myself and i locked myself in the toilet and cried for more or less 1h… i will keep ib mind that feeling and not do that ever again.

And most important i understood which people and which situations to avoid. Im more concerned about what my priorities are.

So one afternoon of techo music is more important than sobriety? You are literally going to walk in a drug den and survive on willpower alone even though you haven’t changed anything since your last relapse? I’m sure you didn’t want to use then either, but you did.

You can’t think your way out of this, you have to take action. That means you have to change your people, places, and things. It doesn’t seem that you are willing to change anything. But hey, you’re clearly the expert on recovery and the rest of this forum must be wrong, so do what you want.

5 Likes

Yeah, I used to love going to bars every night and to concerts. Now I tend to avoid those places. You don’t seem to grasp the severity of the disease. Have you ever overdosed on coke? How bout heroin? Have you ever woken up and had no idea how long you’ve been unconscious? I have. It’s fucking scary.

You have, what, a couple weeks clean? Your previous clean time was about 60 days? Seriously if you’re not willing to change then nothing is going to change. There’s nothing on Earth that I would risk my sobriety over because to risk my sobriety is to risk my life. I’m not being arrogant, I’m being realistic. Arrogance is walking into a drug den and thinking you will just say no, even though all the evidence of your past points in the opposite direction.

6 Likes

Let the kids play. You can only tell your opinions and life stories a million times for them to do the opposite. Maybe some are not ready to FULLY commit. Many dont want to give thier doc up forever but thats the mindset it takes. I totally know what u mean about going unconcious. The last time i used i had been drinkin heavy after i had put in 7 days clean got around the wrong people. Well im sure u know the rest of the story. I woke up grateful to be alive after reevaluating the night before. As no one would have found me for hours. I havent used since. Sometimes it takes expierences like these to wake up the reality of using.

4 Likes

It definitely took all that terrible shit for me to understand it.

A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

I was neither smart not wise…

3 Likes

Yes i was arrogant and i need to thank you for being so hard on me. I thought about it and i decided to go to the beach to get a tan :slight_smile: thank you!

7 Likes

Just be patient… time being sober will heal those thoughts. You will gain confidence in yourself and recovery the longer u stay sober. You will be able to eventually do these things if you want. You will be better off going with other sober friends as this will make temptation less. Maybe changing the place so you dont run into old user friends will help. You just have to set boundries within yourself and try to avoid the triggers as much as possible. Its possible to do what we enjoy sober but it may take some time and planning. You made a great choice early in recovery there will always be another day . In early recovery we MUST change our people, place and things to heal. Will power alone will not save you around any of these things.

3 Likes

Everyone looks better with a tan! Plus I’d imagine Italian (I believe that’s where you are from) are beautiful and filled with beautiful people.

1 Like

Relapse is part of recovery (for some) because it allows you to see what part of your program you weren’t working thoroughly.

3 Likes

Aside from bringing to the brink of death my relapses were great learning tools. Painful as they were, I was just as stubborn. I needed that pain and there wasn’t any one who could deny me my bottom.

That being said, it’s only by the Grace of God that I survived. Not everyone does.

1 Like

I’m celebrating my first clean and sober week today! Yay such a good reason to head to the beach for a walk :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wondered how @RachLyn & @PrincessPachirisu you guys were doing? I followed that tread couples weeks ago, when I joined this forum and first tried to quit. On Day 13 here. How you’ve been ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best of luck u can do it

1 Like

Im on day 6!

1 Like