First day clean in over 20 years

Hi I’m matt from the U.K ,How is everyone

17 Likes

Hey Matt! Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first day!

4 Likes

So what happens here where’s everyone from? I’m from Lincolnshire U.K

1 Like

Hello I’m from the USA

2 Likes

Hello Matt and welcome. I’m from the US ^.^

Hi all. I’m a heroin user since 2001, I’ve tried getting clean a few times but my heart wasn’t in it. Think I’m ready now lol

7 Likes

Welcome! Lots of great people here and great advice! I recently relapsed but the folks on here helped me reach 55 days sober a couple of months ago, the longest I’ve gone without drinking in probably 15 years. Keep reading, keep posting, stay strong!

5 Likes

Welcome…I am familer with that roller coaster.

Hi Nice to meet u

1 Like

I’ve managed my first day, not gonna lie it’s been horrible

4 Likes

Hi, congrats man! I’m almost in the same boat. From New Zealand.:v:

Thanks, love new Zealand. Maybe something I can finally do, travel. Determined

Not to bad thanks,just at that can’t stop thinking about it stage. 21 years is a long time it’s all I know. Just don’t know how to function without drugs, don’t know who I am anymore if that makes any sense

4 Likes

Only support I get is medication, theirs no help dealing with the mental side of things, you get tested given a prescription and sent on your way, we are supposed to get the help but just seems to me its all about their numbers, it’s a business at end of day. Feel like I’m on my own tbh. Probably alot to do with why I’ve been using so long.

5 Likes

This forum has saved my life.
Im in Colorado.
I am 34 days sober. This is the longest i have gone without a drink in 23 years and without crack/coke in 11 years. My first day I was trying to get past the “cant stop thinking about it stage” as well. Its very hard at times.
But getting through those moments are the best moments. Congrats on wanting to get clean. Its really really refreshing,
Welcome

7 Likes

Thanks everyone ,I will keep using this site and let you know how I get on . Now on day 2 ,but I have been here before so not getting to excited yet. Sounds like some of you have it under control but still need to talk sometimes, I hate how hard this is

3 Likes

Hey matt welcome a fellow uk, er

2 Likes

Hey matt are you on a script if u don’t mind me asking

1 Like

Yes mate 60ml methadone, been on subutex in past , just been a crutch until now. When your ready u know I think

1 Like

Hi Matt, welcome! I’m also in the UK. I’m so glad you found this place, the knowledge and support here is priceless. Stick around! I wish you well in your journey and look forward to hearing more from you :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like