First day clean, new to sobriety, trying to find support/a community

I’m getting clean from heroin today. Anyone have advice on staying sober? Or want to talk about being new to sobriety/ how to find a community? Any advice at all is appreciated. Got a long road ahead.

6 Likes

I don’t know much about kicking heroin but there are lots of people here who do. You’re in a good place for support, guidance and community. Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome, are you going to be going through withdrawals and if so do you have a plan for doing so?. It’s a bit of a bitch to get through but so worth it. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!! I give you a lot of credit if you’re doing this on your own. Pain pills are my DOC and I needed detox. I’m a big baby when it comes to withdrawals. There’s a lot of great advice on here. Use the magnify glass at the top to search. Also, amazing people to interact with and get thru some tough times. I look forward to following your journey. Best wishes.

1 Like

I’m going to be taking suboxone after it’s been 24 hours since I last used, so I won’t be in withdrawal for very long. I’ve heard many things about suboxone but it’s what my doctor recommended so I’ll see how it goes !

Thank you! I’m going to be taking suboxone after 24 hours so hopefully I won’t be in withdrawal too long. Just about ten hours left !:sweat_smile:

1 Like

You can do it. Think of all the good stuff you can do once you’re in control.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! I wouldn’t be able to stay clean without NA meetings. I’ve been going since day one and it have been a huge support.
I think a lot of people here would say the same.

https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/

We get through this together :muscle::green_heart:

1 Like

How are u feeling today ?

Welcome , and like some have said this place is amazing and supportive. There’s many with different types of knowledge for support here , that’s what I like about this community. Stay strong. Reach deep down to that strength we can’t seem to feel sometimes but it’s there. :muscle: We’re all here for each other . Although I’ve had reset many times. It does get better by talking to people about sobriety to many things that have been sober for many years. That’s a big hope right there and strenght. I look in everyday or if I need to many times in the day. 1 day 30+ years , it’s all inspirational…
:bat::muscle:

1 Like

Being new to this myself, I have to say I like this, there is a lot of support. I wish you all the luck, this is definitely not going to be easy… stay strong and continue to remind yourself why you decided to quit.

1 Like