First day done!

So I have decided to give up the drink once and for all. Fed up of how ‘small’ my once big life has become because of the bottle. Day one completed and a Saturday night of no booze. Didn’t sleep at all well but it’s 7am and I’ve already done so many jobs where I would usually still be ‘sleeping it off’. Fingers crossed that I can keep up the positivity. It’s the evenings where I struggle so need to think of some systems to put in place. Any tips greatly appreciated!

6 Likes

Well done!! Keep checking in for motivation and help. :+1:

1 Like

Well done and welcome.
The fact you have made the decision to quit alcohol is a great step. Evenings were my worst time so I switched everything around so as not to have the same routine. Little things like just go for a walk, even if its just 5 mins up the road, anything to break that witching hour.
Keep posting, this is a fantastic site with so much positivity and advice. Stay strong and have a great Sunday x

2 Likes

Awesome !! I’m on my 2nd weekend not turning to alcohol to de stress or whatever from the week. Turning to my family, trying to have faith and my drs who warned me best stay away from alcohol. Sucks bc I feel you can’t have fun bc of not drinking. Need to go back to my 20s when I rarely drank way less compared to my 30s here :grin: good luck! !!!

1 Like

Stay strong and have an attitude of gratitude!

1 Like

Welcome to the group. You’ll find love, support, wisdom and a little humor mixed in these threads. Read as much as possible to get educated about the journey you’re on. Read and post as often as you need for support.

Congratulations on making this decision. It’s tough, but so worth it!