First day of sobriety second attempt

Well I fell off and haven’t been honest about my sobriety to anyone but my sister, but it’s time to get back focused and determined!!! This is my first time actually posting or sharing anything, I loved the quotes and journals last time but thos time i think i need to do a bit more. I dapered in something I shouldn’t have not just my addiction but other and it made me unbelievably sick, it was absolutely horrible and I never want to feel like this again. Not to mention I’m tired of having nothing, I’m already having a big big urge for mine and I could use the energy after being sick for the last 24 hours and my body hurting so bad I can barely stand it but I have got to do this, I’ve got to get my son and I out of my grandparents, I’ve got to go back to work, catch up on bills, and be who I know I can be. I’m disappointed in myself and I am embarrassed and sad that I’d ever go as far as I did. . . The worst part is my trigger and why I decided to was because of how horrible my husband has been to me and the horrible things he has said done and lied about, therefore if I want sobriety I also have to become sober from him its going to be one or the other I’ll never get clean with his abuse everyday unfortunately I had 2 very real, very destructive additions cocaine and Keith and I wasn’t able to see it for the last 4 years! But today I started from scratch reset my sober time after 135 days and had to begin again only this time not only from the drugs but from the abusive husband too!!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing, such a brave thing to do. You listed a lot of things you have got to/need to/have to do. Step back from those, for now, if you can. Take that massive bag off your back…if you can. Today, just today…be sober…just try do that one thing. Then try to do it again tomorrow. One day at a time. All your other problems are fixable, and much easier when your head is clear. So for now, go easy on yourself and be kind to yourself. Eat when you can, sleep when you can, have a bath, drink some water, listen to some music, walk, breathe. Stay here, reach out, listen, talk. We will all help anyway we can x

3 Likes

Welcome back. Glad you are here! That takes courage and strength.

1 Like

I’m on my first day of sobriety-second genuine attempt… meaning I was sober for a year (October 2019. -October 2020) and then just threw in the towel after months of frustrating Covid Long Hauler symptoms…of course, drinking didn’t help my symptoms feel any better I just became more frustrated. So, long story short: I want that sober life back. The feeling of caring for myself in a very real way is what I’m looking forward to. Glad to have found this community. :sparkling_heart:

Welcome!! This is a great place to be, lots of great people and support 24/7.

Since you’ve done a year before you know you can do it again…glad you’re here :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like