First day off

I have an addiction to alcohol and smokinh its my first day off. I am just worried i will relapse. I wanna stay sober. I am just 23 and am already heavy drinker so i want to stop it asap. I hope this might help

1 Like

Days off are tough for me! I had this morning off and I was itching so I went to a meeting and then grabbed some coffee with a friend. Try and stay as busy as possible and exercise helps me alot.

4 Likes

First day for me too and ive made it 24 hours now and bloody proud of myself im going to wake up tomorrow and say the same thing too myself im not drinking today. You can do this just believe in yourself

4 Likes

My first day off aswell (16 hours sober) i hope this time i can really stop, im 22 but have been drinking almost every day for 3 years now. I’ve never had anyone to talk to about it before so i am excited about having this form :grin: let’s all get sober together! Im ready for a new and healthier life :sunflower:

5 Likes

I’m on day 2 and let’s do this together. Just keep busy and positive and think about how much better you are going to feel. That helped me through day 2.

1 Like

Welcome newbies! We’re so glad you’re here. You can do this! There’s tons of support here. You’re not alone. Yes, it’s hard at first but it will get easier. Stay strong, reach out for help BEFORE you drink/use, and look into some sort of recovery program. Stay extra busy and be very kind to yourself.

2 Likes

Welcome to all of you! What @Melrm said is spot on. Commit (not resolve) to not drinking each day is a great way to start the day. Do that just for one day at a time. And if you get tempted then remind yourself you made a commitment. Staying busy helped me a lot in the beginning. Finding sober friends also helped me a lot. Staying glued to this app was a great way for me to pass some time as well. You CAN do this! If I can stay sober I know you can too. Ask some people with some time sober how they did it and do what they did. It works and it is possible. Very glad you are here!

2 Likes