First day on Gabapentin... am i supposed to feel almost drunk?

Jennifer I am not definitely not saying it’s ok to smoke weed or drink,nothing to do with Gabapentin either. That was during my active addiction just sharing how I felt when taking it. The only time I took it by itself was for a short period in rehab. A much smaller dose think it was 600mgs a day. I didn’t notice any difference in my level of pain. I also tried CBD,man that was expensive,stopped that as well. For me reprocessing how I look at pain stimuli is my best path forward. I hope you find an acceptable solution. Pain takes a lot of the jpy of life away from us. Blessings.

1 Like

Thank you! My struggle has been hard over the past two - three months. Due to my addiction I got drug charges, or well why on drugs i caught these.
Did not go to prison, even with 4 state felonies and one actual federal charge. This is as I was trying to get clean when got the first two and second two. And by the time I was sentenced, I had been clean for a was while and in college. That said,
Even with my bachelor’s in app development, i have not found remote work and been trying since March! It sucks how it followed me now still almost 4 years later!

1 Like

Yeah i got prescribed gabba once and i slept for a about 14 hours and woke up feeling the most screwed i have ever been.

I was genuinely like a walking zombie - no emotions at all I literally felt nothing and it was like i had tunnel vision as well. Could barely talk

Never again.

1 Like

I know that for sure. My husband broke his back 21 years ago this month, and is in constant pain. He takes CBD and it helps, but the way it works is by blocking the things our bodies release to eat the thing our bodies release to relieve pain. No i didn’t repeat myself. So, it stacks. Your body feels pain, releases the pain reliever, then the thing that eats the pain reliever… so if you stop that last one, with cbd, the pain relievers have a change to build up… 2 or 3 doses in it gets better. My husband takes cbd made from hemp, so no thc. He’s also on opiates (and trying to minimize their use).

1 Like

Try looking at the state jobs… most states separate felonies for drugs use from others such as domestic violence or theft and fraud. I used to work for the state and they accepted felonies for drugs if they were a certain years ago and you have a clean record since. Never lie on the app, and you might have a change.

Also, app development… have you considered, while looking for a j.o.b. starting your own business making apps? Did you know that phone apps made more money than movie theaters in 2018! Before the pandemic.