First day sobriety (weed)

Hey.
First day off weed. Almot 24hrs done.
Woke up at midnight, feeling like throwing up, dizzy…
This morning, I’m full of rage. Just feel like throwing everything, kicking, yelling, etc… So i did… Just broke my glasses and hurt myself kicking a door :cry:
Started crying in a corner in my office. Well, that’s a rough beginning.

9 Likes

Yeah, your emotions can be a bit haywire in the beginning. I know I broke a lot of things accidentally and said a lot of things I regretted at the start. I woke up angry almost every day for 2 weeks. You just have to find something to take your mind off it. Take some deep breaths, a bit of exercise/stretching, maybe a cup of coffee/tea (caffeine can help with your mood), and dont focus on the negatives, as hard as that might be. You’re doing great even if you dont feel that way yet. Keep it up and things will get better. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

It’s tough one we decide to give up something we know is definitely know good for us,try to keep your mind busy,with anything you enjoy and relax when you can ,when you wake up and get that feeling of feeling so much healthier in yourself you get to know it is really worth the sweat blood and tears.x

2 Likes

Great morning everyone, I feel you on your first 24. Mine was kind of crazy as well. I congratulate you on your success sis! You Are Not Alone! Not by a long shot… This is my first shot at networking socially… I’m trying to break out of that isolationist shell that they say we construct so well. I don’t do Facebook, I don’t do Instagram, but this one… Can save my life… So I think it’s worth it… And now I’m meeting you all. I’m dealing with relatively new sobriety as well… And my DOC is not alcohol… this is my attempt to find like minded folk…

6 Likes

Thank you for your kind words. I just feel like I’m too awake haha! There is so much going on around me and it’s like my mind doesn’t want to recognize all those things… I guess it’s one of the steps I have to go through :confused:

1 Like

Will try to keep myself busy and not isolate myself when I come back home. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, welcome !

We took the right decision when coming here… We want to change and feel better.
Good luck on your journey to recovery!

All fun and games isn’t it You seem very aware of the fact this is going to happen and going with the flow, do exactly what you are doing and don’t try and fight or question your emotions. A lot of people are on here going why do I feel like this or that, is it normal. Ohhh yes it can feel awful but it’s you getting better, it’s you being strong not weak. It’s you winning. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:
All this support is really helping me concentrate on my goal.
I knew it wouldn’t be easy but I know it’s to have a better life.

1 Like

I’m a 48 year old bloke and that goddam herb has had me on my knees crying like a baby, today is day 38 or 39, I’ve forgot :joy: :joy:. I’m still very tempted but I just can’t do it to myself, I can’t reset again. Be strong.

3 Likes

You are strong also! Temptation is everywhere and we just have to believe in our strength and our will.
Thanks for sharing. I feel a little less alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Karine!
Today is also my first full day off weed…i been smoking for yearssss…i also suffer from anxiety depression but i havent had the urge at all today…i promised myself and my kids we are doing something different this year i let go all my social media accounts so i can get in tune with myself we can go so far and do so much sober
…remember what we doing it for every has a reason…my kids are my reason…GOD GOT US
…PRAYER CHANGES THINGS…

3 Likes

I’m day 200 odd off week I smoked like 9x a day for about 10 years I had major withdrawals first two weeks got easier after that delete all contact with dealers and users get to NA stay away from alcohol or other drugs that’s what I did I’m fully sober almost 300 days off the drink

3 Likes

My second day was easier because it was crazy at work! Didn’t have time to think today. Now home alone and don’t know what to do. I’m thinking about it but by chance, I can’t buy anything and that’s good.
So I guess i’ll go to bed, i think it’s better for me. Have a good evening everyone.

1 Like