First event sober

Today is the first time I’ll be doing a family day sober. Not nervous that I will drink because I am on Antabuse. Just anxious cause this is the first time I’ll have to have “fun” with out alcohol. Not that I can’t have fun with out it just for so long I convinced myself that I needed it & could not do anything with out it.

11 Likes

Not gonna lie, it"s a little awkward at first, a little raw, but it’s not bad. Growth comes from being uncomfortable.

I don’t know about you, but I used to think we were all having fun, in the before times, but when I watch the old home movies, it was only me having “fun” and everyone else were visibly annoyed. It was like the sayjng, “were they lauging with you or laughing at you?”. Everyone was definitely laughing at me.

After some sober time and several uncomfortable events, I’ve found the ability to enjoy myself while maintaining the respect of others.

Good luck & embrace the growth!

10 Likes

This is how I handled it…from the first time i was here

The first outing is always a little nerve racking

8 Likes

Keep in mind that all of the alcohol industry’s media and marketing perpetuate an absolute false myth that alcohol is needed to have fun. You will get to a point if you stay sober that you realize how lucky you are to not still be falling for that BS. Sober is much more fun.

5 Likes

How’d it go?

4 Likes

Hey! Sorry for the late reply been crazy the last couple days & don’t get notifications from here. It actually went good! Once we actually started to do things it didn’t bother me. It was the first time in a long time that we where able to go out as a family & not having any arguing between me & my husband because of how much I drank or some stupid thing I did. Was a real good time!

2 Likes

Crazy right? :rofl::rofl: glad to hear it