First ever meeting

I always frowned at joining AA.
Always said it was for brainwashers

Just had my first one and i was wrong it is liberating its literally give me a big pick up

Anyone doubting it just try

11 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Loooool exactly that

1 Like

I had a similar experience going to my first AA meeting about 4 weeks ago, it was amazing I was welcomed so lovely by everyone and in particular a lady helped me settle in and swapped numbers.
I went to 2-3 more over the 2 week period then I became unwell. So I’m better now ( apart from sleep issues) so just waiting until next week to get back at them so I dont make any one unwell.
But it was truly a powerfull experience for me.
I’m glad you had a positive experience.
Any plans to go to others ?
My first meeting some of the people there were at the other meetings on different days which was nice.

1 Like

Hey yhh was amazing was online so was more comfortable. Im going to another one tommorow to i feel i gained so much from it

2 Likes

Ah yes online meetings are amazing, I literally lived on the 24 hour one in my first 4 weeks.
I use them all the time.
That’s great you are giving it ago it’s really powerfull to listen to others isnt it.

My experience 4 weeks ago was face to face I highly recommend when your ready to give that a go too.
So nice to hear you got some positive out of it.

1 Like

Well done ive been saying this for years give them a try and you will be surprised wish you well

2 Likes

Really happy you gave it a shot. I was the same way as you were, and this time I put everything I had into my program and its working. Being open-minded to new things makes all the difference.

Definitely i mean i always used to say im not bad enough for aa… But addiction comes in all sizes and addicts come in all forms. I was very much craving this morning and as soon as i did that meeting it was like a natural buzz like im now part of a team

Honestly i got such a buzz after it was amazing i felt a whole new buzz a whole new relief i even spoke at my first meeting and ill say i got it wrong about them

1 Like