First Friday done

Hey guys! So I just wanted to write a quick note - yesterday was the FIRST FRIDAY in a VERRRRRY long time I got through without a drink! :raised_hands:t3:
We had some friends round and did a BBQ and even went down to the pub, everyone else was drinking, and I didn’t even have one sip!!! I had flavoured sparkling water in a wine glass to make me feel like I was joining in.
Probably doesn’t sound like a lot to some but weekends are my downfall and I can’t believe I actually did it!! :muscle:t3::laughing:
One hour at a time really does work! Say to yourself ‘I’m not gona drink for this next hour’ and before you know it everyone else is drunk, they look a mess and it totally puts you off!
Ok. Enough celebrating, the weekend hasn’t finished yet. Now I’ve just Gota get through Saturday… got some other friends coming today. Let’s do this. One hour at a time.

13 Likes

Fantastic job @Ambler be proud of yourself!!
Here’s to a sober Saturday. You can totally do this!! :star2: :star2:

1 Like

You’ve got the right mindset, the right tools, you can do this!

Hello and congrats to you Ambler.That is so great,weekends can be hard.Never be worried what others think of your time, only what you think is important. We all are our own boss on that. Keep pushing and climbing the mountain.

Awesome! Stay on the beam and check in with us when Saturday’s done.