First meeting was

Let me first say that I’m so excited because I am 6days away from being 3wks sober. WOOT! WOOT!
I had my first SOP/AA meeting and it was so therapeutic and I cried of course. It wouldn’t be a meeting without any tears. The people in there was so supportive and for the first time in my life I truly felt no judgement. I was able to tell my story without feeling like someone is looking down on me. Just seeing people from all walks of life tell their story and how they are recovering was something I needed.
I’m really excited about this journey that I’m on right now and can’t wait to see what the other side of victory looks like.

19 Likes

What is SOP? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of it. Seems like you enjoyed it so that’s good.

1 Like

It means supporting outpatient treatment aka AA meeting

2 Likes

Nice. I’m glad you liked it.

1 Like

Awesome share Nita. Glad you found the meeting. AA has given me a life I never imagined. Congrats

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. I’m glad that you had a good experience on your AA meeting. Congratulations on closing in on 3 weeks.

1 Like

Hi @Nita

You are right to be excited. Sobriety is amazing.

I am so glad you enjoyed your meeting. I love attending meetings so much.

1 Like

Here SOP was what you graduated to after IOP. It’s a single 3 hour class/meeting as opposed to the 3 3 hours classes that IOP is. I didn’t get a recommendation for it from my counselor, he encouraged to keep doing everything I was doing.

I still call him on anniversaries and let him know how his favorite pupil is doing lol.

Glad you had a successful first meeting, and you’re right it wouldn’t be an AA meeting without some tears and love.

Keep trudging lady, the best is yet to come.

3 Likes

Congratulations on nearly 3 weeks. I am at a similar stage( 3 weeks on Saturday!) I am really excited to hear that your meeting was positive. I haven’t been to a meeting yet - I just cannot work up the courage but I am scared that I will relapse if I don’t. Reading about your experience has encouraged me. Thank you x

1 Like

I was recommended for sop because I have some traumatic life experiences that triggered me to drink alcohol.

1 Like

I was afraid also but they made me feel very welcomed and safe. I encourage you to please go so that you won’t relaps. It’ll be the best decision you ever made. Trust me when I say it’s worth it.

3 Likes