First morning sober, feel like shit

First morning wakeup sober. Feeling like shit, do not want to get out of bed. Feeling terrible. Is this normal ?

9 Likes

Yes my friend. It certainly is.
Can I suggest that you look up

Resources for the newcomers
Tips for the newcomers.

Use the magnifying glass above to search for these topics and any other questions/topics you want to know.

This place is full of threads of people who have posted about how they feel on day one and consecutive days.

Basically from what I read in my first few days on here made me realise that pretty much everything I would experience both physically and mentally could be attributed to recovery.
So I made sure I hydrated well, ate well, and slept when I could.
Most of all I accepted how I felt and cracked on with getting my head around sobriety.

Remember, all the info you will need is on here, supplied by people who have been there.

8 Likes

Im in bed since yesterday, I believe is ok… My mom ask me if that’s what I will do all day long again, I don’t want to take the risk of going out with my family o friends, Im not sure if im ready to say NO…

4 Likes

Yes. I had phantom hangovers for the first couple weeks. It was the weirdest thing. And physically the first few days will be the worst. It will pass.

3 Likes

Yes, your body and mind are starting to detox. Start to eat and drink healthy and rest if you can. Maybe a vitamin B complex will help too.

3 Likes

You’ll probably feel better tomorrow and then a bit better the day after. Definitely worth ploughing through x

2 Likes

Ohhhhh yessss your totally and utterly normal, if u were jumping outta bed with the joys of spring on day 1 I’d want to know who ya dealer is :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:joke BTW. Xtry to relax plenty of fluids and some fresh air even if it’s just outside ya door or in garden keep connected. Congratulations on taken that first step. X

4 Likes

Yes, and one thing I learned here was the “crawling out of your skin” sensation is a detox symptom also. It gets painful even for me. Excercise and stretching helps that when you’re feeling good enough to move again. Plus water and electrolytes when you can keep them in.

@Fargesia_murielae I Screwed up. I am sorry. It’s too hard

Nothing wrong with that in my book.
Remember, this is for you, listen to what your body and mind is telling you.
For the first few months my life consisted of work, bath and bed. Doing the basics just to get through.
Talk to your mum. Explain why.
Give her the information contained in here.
It’ll help her to understand.

1 Like

@Fargesia_murielae Thank you

I am so worry at this moment

1 Like

This is normal. Fear of the unknown!
Use the energy for a positive move forward.
Realise that right now you don’t need to be anything other than sober.
I remember at first that my head was so full of what ifs, wherefores, and all sorts of crap that I didn’t know whether I was coming or going!
Just relax, let all the emotions and feeling wash over and through you.
And stay sober.
Everything else will fall into place when it is supposed to.

2 Likes

@anon12657779 you such a great mate. Thank you for everything.

I Doubt I can make it, but appreciate for your effort helping me out. Regardless, thank you.

Kal, bud. Negativity again.
Why not try " ok I’m going to give this a go" instead.
It’s more positive
What you are saying is leaving the door open, you need to be looking at closing the door.
You won’t be who you think you aught to be overnight.
Like any new skills, it takes practice and training to learn how to do something.
Always here man.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely normal as others have said stay hydrated. You might feel like shit for a while but it will pass. Think of it this way, you have to go through this to better your life! I applaud you for being here. It’s a great place that will change your life if you except the gift of sobriety. Read and post often. Be kind to yourself and embrace your journey. Sometimes it’s trying and hard but nothing worth it is easy. I wish you continued luck on your journey.

2 Likes

it sounds like you have a hangover/withdrawal, which if you’re here… you’ve probably experienced a few times. keep yourself hydrated.

1 Like

did you taper, or are you going cold turkey? My first day was yesterday, and it was absolutely terrifying. I’m feeling a bit better this morning, and I hope you will, too.

2 Likes

You will come to treasure sober sleep if you keep going.