First morning sober

Hey everyone, today is the day I have decided to join a community and open myself up to them. I’ve told myself for far too long that I can beat my addiction on my own but I have come to the conclusion that I can not. I’ve lost friends and distanced myself from loved ones. Financially I’ve ruined myself and I no longer want to live this life. I want to feel love again, I want stop lying to others and myself… I want my life back.

Any tips/advice is welcome

12 Likes

Welcome to your sobriety and welcome to Talking Sober Nick! You took my best advice before I could mention it to you and that’s to join a community of like minded people. Alone it’s too much. Together we can make it. For me this place has been the difference between failure and success. The support here is strong. So I hope you’ll post, comment, support others and get support. You might want to look into other peer to peer support groups too, like AA, NA, SMART, Buddhist Recovery. And read and learn about addiction and recovery, for knowledge is power. I wish you all success on your recovery journey and welcome again.

2 Likes

First things first, welcome. One thing I suggest is reading these forums, and you’ll quickly realize that you’re not alone in your struggles. It is easy to feel like nobody can relate, but you’ll see that there are alot of us who can, and understand what you’re going through. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
The biggest piece of advice I can give is take it one day at a time. Don’t look at the big picture, thats too intimidating (at least for me). I get overwhelmed if I say I’m never going to drink again. I just tell myself, “I’m not going to drink today”. I can handle that. Then tomorrow, I’ll do the same thing. Thats what I’ve been doing for the last 65 days, and thats worked so far.

1 Like