First night is hard

I’ve got through my first 24 hours now but have been anxious and irritable since my drinking time. Now I’m trying to sleep and I’m on fire and sweating badly but really need to sleep lol

6 Likes

That’s par for the course at the beginning unfortunately. Dont let it derail your resolve to get healthier!

1 Like

Hey! Congratulations on getting through…that is no small feat. Your body is going through a great deal right now physically mentally and emotionally. Drinking water, letting myself few all the feelings, and giving myself some comfort (binge watching tv and eating healthy but comforting stuff) was really important in the beginning. For me it also helped to write down in detail, my last hangover. I mean as detailed and real as I could get. I also wrote down every single reason I could think of to be sober…I read both of them often…any time a craving hit for sure. Your body is trying to write the ship right now. Be kind to it :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Details of your hangover… that’s good advice!!! I will journal that for sure :blush:

1 Like