First night

This is the first night I’m going to bed sober in months. . The crazy part is I climbed into bed and thought to myself, when was the last time I went to bed sober? And I can’t even remember. . . Got through my first day and it wasn’t easy, the next few days will not be easy but just taking one step, one minute, one hour, one day at a time. . Thank you all for your support, I have this weird lock on my profile that prevents me from replying to many times in a certain time frame so as soon as it unlocks again I will reply to those who reached out. Night everyone and may we all have sober dreams!

8 Likes

Don’t worry if you have trouble sleeping. It’s very common for the first night. I don’t know where you stand on spirituality but prayer and meditation help with sleep. If not melatonin is good as well. Drink a glass of water before bed in case you sweat that way you won’t get dehydrated.

Check back in with us tomorrow and let us know how you slept.

1 Like

Good night. Tomorrow you will feel so happy to be hangover/ booze groggy free! Sweet dreams

How could I forget the bathtub? I used to get 3-5 hot showers or baths a night for like the first 30 days during my first two attempts at getting cleaned. Sometimes the only sleep I got was in the shower. My last detox wasn’t as rough bc my run was only a couple months and before I went in to rehab I had a couple multiday stretches of self-detoxing. But those first two times I don’t know what I would have done without hot showers.

I’m not sure how you did it jail either. You and Donnie are the detox king and queen. I would have been put in PC bc I would have tried to kill myself.

I remember the vicious cycle of feeling bad then using, then feeling guilty about using, which depressed me more, which made me use more, rinse and repeat. I believe they call that insanity.

1 Like