First post ever plus my story

So today is day three with out smoking. This is my 5th time relapsing. I originally stopped on dec 12 2020 but new year and Christmas are hard especially when your whole family smokes weed. Lmao anyway I am 3 days in. I started to replace weed with drinking now but that doesn’t seem to help. My wife tries but she can only do so much. The last time smoked I was completely drunk and someone pass the blunt to me and I smoked it stupidly I don’t even remember taking it. My wife was upset but I think I was more upset than her cause I ruined my 1 month sobriety. Which I had to reset my clock…again. I seen people are on here for a lot worse drugs but I just wanted to put my story out there in case someone is experiencing same thing as me. If you are message me let’s talk!!

11 Likes

I smoked from 18-22 I did it everyday I went crazy when I didnt have it. Drove crazy places to get ir wasted a lot of money it was dumb. I was binge drinking too. One day a boss told me they knew i was smoking an I had to stop. So I did it was hard. I would still smoke here and there but not like i was and never going to work high again. But after I dunno 2 years of doing it here and there with friends I actuallt hated it! It made me sooo paranoid my anxiety was ao bad. There were times over the years i did it a little and sometiems it was ok but never like it use to be when I did it all the time. I think I have to buld up a tollerance for it an if I dont have thay tollerance of doing it everyday it just feels bad. Now I did maybe start drinking more after i quit smoking so drinking is my problem now. But I dunno how anyone can say smoking isnt addictive. It sure felt like it to me. Oh but my point is I dont want to smoke anymore lol. So at least for me it really went away!

2 Likes

Glad you’re here @Emmie13

1 Like

Welcome aboard. X keep shari g your journey it rely helps to get feed bk at the beginning of your journey as our on perspective can be right off all the best.

1 Like

Heavy weed smoker for almost two decades here :wave: 5 days sober. I have the same fears of not being taken ‘as seriously’ by the sober community, but that is just silly! The struggle is real. I’m having physical withdrawal, and it is terrifying not knowing exactly how my mind has been affected after so many years smoking daily… keep breathing through each moment. Don’t focus on the negative. We all trip up. Important thing is, to keep getting up and showing up for yourself. I don’t particularly have a problem with alcohol, but I’ve certainly drank more when weed hasn’t been available in the past. I find it helps to really start addressing what you’re hiding from, whether alone or with professional help. Usually it’s some repressed trauma that we’re not even conscious of. Stay strong. You got this! :rainbow::yellow_heart::rainbow:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Yes same now I am drinking a ton!!

Thank you that’s the next thing I am working on