First post first week (almost)

Hi all! This is my first post, but I’ve been using the sober time app for a while now, on and off. November of 2019 I did 3 months sober in an impatient rehab facility and immediately began drinking again the day I got out. I took little breaks 2 or 3 days every once and a while but never really got more than 3 days under my belt. About 6 months ago, I did 5 days, randomly, just to prove to myself I could. I immediately picked the habit back up and started drinking 10-12 beers a night or 2 bottles of wine, whichever I was craving.
3 weeks ago I was offered a new job, 9-6 and will no longer be working as a server in a restaurant, i.e. cannot come in hungover/still drunk. I made the choice to try and get sober, yet again.
I have made it now (almost) 7 days as of tonight at midnight!! The longest I’ve gone since I exited rehab in January of 2020- a whole year. It doesn’t seem like much but I am MORE than proud and I WILL make it work this time! Thank you all for keeping this group alive and well, and any advice you have to keep me going is very much appreciated! Have a wonderful day! :blush:

14 Likes

Welcome Sam and great job on your first week. :clap::clap::clap: Getting out of the restaurant business is good too. From my experience drinking and drugging is/was always very prevalent in the restaurant business.
Advice: just one day at a time. You don’t have to quit drinking forever today. Keep checking in on here. Join in the conversations when your comfortable. My strongest tool is my gratitude list that I do on here ever single day. It’s a great foundation for me to start my day and list all I’m grateful for now that I’m sober. And there’s a lot. Starting with no more hangovers. My clear head. Always being able to drive. My wife.
I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Sam and congrats on a week. I also changed jobs early in sobriety and it was one of the best things I did for my sobriety. I can’t say it’s the only thing that has helped though. This forum and AA have also played a huge part in my sobriety. Come back often to read and interact with us.

3 Likes

Welcome here Sam 🙋
Congratulations with your 1 week sober, that’s a great start! I hope to see you around often. It helps to be here much.
This app helps me tremendously to stay sober. First year I came here every day. Now I’m more then 2 years sober and I still come here to stay focussed.
See you around!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the nice words and advice! Still learning navigations, sorry for the late replies :sweat_smile:
I officially made it to day 8! Super happy and excited to take on this journey! Will definitely be checking in and joining in on other threads. I bought a journal yesterday, too :innocent:
Can’t wait to see what lies ahead, I know it’s going to be great.

2 Likes