First Sober Week Summary

My first week of sobriety was officially Friday, but since this is also my first real weekend as well I thought I’d include that as well.

So, for my first week:

• My son’s birthday party was at a local restaurant with a playscape outside for the kids. Some friends of mine ordered some beers and I just smiled and nodded.

• My coworkers invited me out to a happy hour that I politely declined.

• Our best friends daughter had a birthday that we attended (their daughter and my son are only 4 days apart), and they had spiked punch. I really enjoyed my tea.

• My sister-in-law invited my wife and I out to dinner with her and her husband to a Mexican food restaurant. My wife had two margaritas, they had about 7 dos equis/modelos between the two of them. I joyfully sipped on my water.

• One of my daughter’s daycare classmates (she’s 3) mom invited us to a playdate with their daughter. (This was actually my first official “playdate” every to attend as a parent, lol.) Anyway, we get there and they have homemade salsa (it was awesome), homemade guacamole (it was even better), and … about 12 beers including 3 different kinds that the dad invited me to drink with him. I had Coca Cola.

The most intriguing thing for me on my first week of sobriety is how much alcohol is ingrained into our society. ONE week and that’s how many times I had to turn the cheek on alcohol. Looking forward to see what week 2 brings, lol.

Happy Sober Sunday folks!!!

–jdubs

11 Likes

That’s a great job resisting the many opportunities that were placed on front of you. I wish I could tell you they’ll all be that easy, but they won’t. I suggest finding a meeting and get some numbers. Never CRAVE ALONE.

1 Like

Awesome and good for you!