First time edging

So I have a big big love for partying.
A big love for dancing. I almost reached two weeks of not drinking poison.
The party lasted 3 days.

The first day I felt so uncomfortable dancing sober.
Someone handed me a drink and couldn’t say no. I drank the half of it, gave it back and said no I am not going to drink.
Altough at home I smoked pot.

The next day of the party was the most fun, my sister who doensn’t drink came with me. We danced and danced and it felt just wauw. Dancing sober. It felt so natural almost like a high. I did drink a lot of coffee and redbull. Anything to avoid alcohol. The last day I did smoke pot at the party. But there was nog a single braincell in my head that thought of drinking alcohol.

It was a fun weekend but yet I do feel guilty towards myself.

x

1 Like

I’m not sure what edging but if it means smoking pot instead of drinking you can probably find a better way. Until you get a little more stable in your recovery I would recommend staying away from the party scene or your probably going to be resetting your timer more than you’d like.

3 Likes

I’m not sure a hedonistic party atmosphere is conducive to achieving and maintaining sobriety and a three day party at that…

If my goal is to not get punched in the face, because getting punched in the face is generally a negative experience, I think I would avoid the places where fights tend to break out. If I were a sex-addict, I think I would avoid strip-clubs. If my goal is to be clean and sober, wisdom would dictate that I avoid the places where drugs and alcohol are present, and the atmosphere encourages not just indulgence, but actual abuse.

But that’s just me.

6 Likes

I don’t like getting beat up so I ain’t hopping in the ring with Tyson

2 Likes

In the olden days dancing was used as an outlet to connect with our spiritual selves, no drugs needed. I think it’s great that you were able to enjoy something that you love, alcohol free. Just be careful that you don’t substitute one drug for another on a regular basis- for us addicts it’s an ongoing issue to have to fill that void with a substance instead of the love that’s already within us.

2 Likes