First time ever getting sober

Hi everyone. I’m new at all this and stumbled on this app. I’m 33 days into my sober journey and I can use all the help I can get. I was recently married in May and because of me spirling into my addiction to alcohol I lost my husband. I am now working on myself and doing whatever I can to save my marriage. Thank you all for being here :two_hearts:

21 Likes

Welcome Lildezz.
Congratulations on your 33 days and finding this app. This place has been so helpful for me in my sobriety. I couldn’t do it with out it.
Have a good read around. Keep an open mind. Join in when your comfortable.

Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Welcome aboard and CONGRATS on your 33 days sober!
It gets easier with time, come on this site often, the support is amazing.
Reading other’s experiences has been very helpful to me.
Keep it up One Day At A Time!!

1 Like

Welcome to the TS community and to sobriety. I wish you all the best with your recovery and the healing process of your marriage.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Thank you. Trying to heal

1 Like

Hiya :wave:
You stumbled into the right App, everyone here is super kind and supportive. I’m only 46 days in and I love this place. We are.all.bere to help each other.
I’m sorry your husband wouldn’t be patient with you, perhaps he’s just not your guy. Someone who will love you unconditionally and be supportive will come your way … I know it.
Looking forward to seeing more of you in here. :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome, I’m here just few weeks and it’s a good place to support you on your journey being sober. How does it feel like so far? Stay strong, keep your head up and me personally what is keeping me strong is doing sports.I’d appreciate a partner, but still looking for the right one. Take care

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad you found the ap. Great support group here.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! There is so much support here, and plenty of fun threads to read when you need distracting. I hope to see you around on here :blush:
:heart::v:

1 Like

I know the feeling, my addiction had the same result for me.

You have awareness and insight on what this disease is destroying.

I am in a Smart Recovery program smartrecovery.org and in the toolbox (resources) I used the cost - benefit tool and the Value Chart to help me understand my addictive behaviors.

1 Like