First time here, and need some support :(

I was sober from cannabis for 2 months, but I slipped at the end of Christmas and haven’t stopped since (I smoke in the evenings)

It’s really problematic for me, and causes so much anxiety the next day, and I have to be focused and fully alert for my job.

I don’t know how to get through the evening :frowning: it seems impossible to make it through the first night of being sober.

Edit—— I think I’m going to have a bath and watch Netflix. I have a meeting for counselling next week for this problem. It will be okay :S (I say nervously and full of anxiety :frowning: ) thanks for the support everyone!

2 Likes

I was the same way with alcohol, come 5 o’clock I had to have my beer. It wasnt just 1 or 2 but 30 and if i didnt have it i would start shacking and the sweets. When I knew I had a problem was waking up in the middle night to drink and first thing in the morning. You are in the right place for support and knowledge. I’m only on 32 days for soberity and I feel so much better mentally. If you need anything dont hesitate to hit me up. I’m rooting for you.

1 Like

Maybe try a meeting. AA has kept me sober from all drugs and alcohol. Wish you well.

1 Like

In my experience, I can’t do it by myself. I’m terribly impulsive and will buy alcohol on a whim without talking to anyone. I’ve been trying to change my mindset, that instead if I need help, just ask. Now I would rather ask than relapse. I still get scared but everyone that I have talked to has been so understanding. They help me. I check in here too when I have a spare minute or need guidance. The stories inspire to keep going. Even just a day, an hour or a minute at a time. It’ll work out :slight_smile: :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

4 Likes

Yes I want to try an NA meeting… I’ve never been before. I feel like people might judge me because it’s ‘just’ marijuana but it’s a problem. And I also have an addiction to my anxiety meds. Thank you for your feed back :slight_smile:

1 Like

One hour at a time tonight, thank you!!!

1 Like

Rooting for you too! We can do this! We are not alone. I can get through tonight…

1 Like

Hi Jlo,

If you slip up, don’t beat yourself up for it. Tomorrow is a new day and another chance to improve. Don’t be afraid to go to NA meetings if you want to get help - from my (very limited) experience, everyone is welcoming and non-judgemental. You aren’t required to speak and can simply listen to other members until you’re ready. I’m here if you need someone to talk to.
How are you feeling now?

1 Like

I used last night :frowning: I feel horrible. I’m having a panic attack right now… (this is a trend unfortunately)
Sooo even though I feel like I will regret throwing out my ‘stash’ I’m going to do it… my health is worth so much more…
I deserve to feel better! Ugh I’m taking the day off today as well. I need to focus on breathing and grounding myself… thanks for your support :heart:

It’s ok, stay calm. One step back, but two steps forward. You used today, but it doesn’t mean you have to do the same tomorrow. Do you have someone close that you trust to help you out? I have asked friends to hold onto my stash. Once it was in their hands, they could do whatever they wanted with it, but psychologically it was somehow better than just throwing it away. It made me feel like I have the option of getting it in the future. At a certain point, I didn’t want it anymore. Maybe that will make you feel more comfortable parting with your supply. How are you holding up?

3 days clean but struggling this evening :S using all my skills but I want to give in. Today was also really hard and my stress levels are through the roof

Do they have MA, Marijuana Anonymous in your area?