First time here, but not first try

Hello, everybody. My name’s Nico, I’m on my 30’s, and i’m Spanish, living in a foreing country (sorry, my english is not that good, but i’ll do my best to make it understandable)

I’m struggling with meth for a while now, and is not easy to find support around here. To make things more interesting i’m a minority inside a minority, wich let me pretty isolated.

What ir read on this forum alwas felt quite heartwarming to me, so i will try to participe and add a little myself. Feels like a community, and that’s really important.

I tried to quit many time, my last relapse were not so long ago. Everything about it felt horrible. Now i passed my 3rd day sober, and i know the real struggle won’t last to show up. It’s always harder to me from 5th day and on.

But it gonna be ok. I have a very supportive partner (wich is my main motivation to quit) and i will stick to the decision to better be alone than sourrounded of peoplke that doesnt support my decision to stay sober.

Hope my story could help someone at some point. Feel free to ask anything, if i can help anyway, i will be glad.

Thank you very much to all of you for this forum. It’s really helpfull to see so many people supporting eachother.

8 Likes

Good work Nico, 3 days is 3 days and you’re in a great place here. Everyone, well I imagine most of us have relapsed 1,2,3…many times its just something you can learn from each time. You’re lucky to have a supportive partner and that itself is a blessing. Don’t look too far ahead, just one day at a time mate. Stay strong brother

2 Likes

Welcome @NicoEs. Take it nice and steady, one day at a time. I’m so glad you have support, it sounds like you have a lovely partner. It’s lovely to meet you and I look forward to seeing you around :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Well done Nico :+1: it’s great to have a partner that supports you and and the decision to restrict who you spend your time with at the moment a good move . I had to the same . Maybe only seeing people from AA and people who understood my decision to stop. Unfortunately it took me 3 years of relapsing and upsetting mg partner and myself before I really accepted that some of my "friends " and my choices were wrong . Good luck and keep posting :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thank you to all of you for you kind words, very much appreciated!

I will keep reading every day, but i probably will post once in a while (weekly, maybe? dunno…) . But i deffinetely i will keep in touch, and try to participate if i have something nice to add.