First time I've considered picking up in 49days

What a day long story short my daughter is meant to be starting college tomorrow ,bit she’s found out there’s girl in there from her upper school that gave her a really hard time BC she’s pre Trans gender.shes now saying she doesn’t want to go and want to go to another college to do maths.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:she’s gone from doing a 2 year makeup and hair course to wanting to do maths,I feel she’s running away from her fears which doesn’t solve anything,it’s taken me weeks to sort out funding bus passes etc etc so I’d lie if that also hasn’t pissed me off.ive told her if she’s wanting to be trans then running away from fears and awkward situation isn’t going to help as she has a big road ahead of her as a trans teenager,I will support her but I feel she’s need to also step up and head on with these fears.ive said that if she’s changing college then she does all the paperwork or the phonecall but I will quietly in the back ground.i feel we can raise our kids to not know how to stand on there own two feet so I’m getting her to apply and sort this other college out to show her that I’m not here to bail her out when she leaves it 12 hours before her first day at college I’m cross so I aspect you feel and see that in my message any mum’s or dad got any advice I’d love to hear from you

4 Likes

Hay Emma what ever you do don’t pick up ! Your doing everything possible for your daughter I don’t blame you for being pissed off … I’m afraid that’s teenagers for you !!! Millie decided after I spent a fortune on beauty kit she didn’t like it cos girls are bitchy !!! It’s good your making her do the phone calls and paper work herself it will help her realise what you have to go through. I got no advice hun just lots of support xxx

3 Likes

Thanks NAT just knowing I’m not the only one that has gone through this bollox is good enough ATM I had this thought of fuck it I’m done .OLD BEHAVIOUR ITS SCARY JOW IT JUMPS RIGHT BACK INTO PLAY.but I’m not Gona use I’m Gona share with this community and with friends on here that I’ve build in the past 12 months.im calming down about now but she’s Gona be doing all the leg work this time it just concerns me that she’s running away but as we all know our shadows follows us everywhere.:two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

Your getting stronger every day Emma. We’re clean recovering addicts today! There’s no going backwards for us xx

1 Like

Good morning Emma! Well it’s morning here anyway :slightly_smiling_face: Does the college have a LGBTQ support club/group? Many educational institutions here in the US have them. Maybe inquire to the college?

1 Like

Yes it had an amazing one where she was meant to be going we went and looked around I believe it’s down to fear and not knowing anyone and the horrid girls in her subject,I’m looking forward now regarding other college but like I said before I fear she’s running away from herself and not so nice situation but she didn’t even bother to give it a chance.

Bullying can be powerful and scarring. Being trans is not a choice when one is comfortable in that skin. Is there anyone you or she can contact directly from the LGBTQ community there? I think of sobriety. I couldn’t be strong without support. Not trying to disregard your frustrations. But trying to put myself in her shoes having been bullied before.

1 Like

She has supppport from home and doctors ,she on waiting list for gids which is as high as you can get,but college just shows her about so maybe this nxt college we could ask for supppport for her from someone in the LGBTQ scene I know it’s not a choice but other kids and adults don’t unfortunately

Well I’m glad she has you and other supports. Navigating life without conforming to the norm is so hard. Hugs and sending love and strength to both of you :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thanks for taken the time to reply ,IL be going to bed Tonight to sleep on it and then back to getting things sorted out tomorrow with a fresh look on things .

1 Like

Go gottem mamma :wink: You got this :heart:

1 Like

Thanks everyone I’ve calmed down lots now,and I thank you all for your caring input :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:this is what this app is all about sharing and Caring​:sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

4 Likes