First time trying a "diet" (non recovery topic)

So i have been watching a lot of youtube lately and i see lots of people saying that they feel so much better after not eating meat for a certain period of time.
I literally have done zero research on the topic and am just going to try and go a few months with only eating seafood as my sole source of protein (as well as veg and other non meats) and see how i feel. So far this is my second day of fish only and so far i feel really good! I didnt feel like falling asleep after eating and i dont feel as lethargic as i usually do… idk, i am just trying out something new because i know i need to start eating healthier and i am posting on here to keep myself accountable because i know this is the place i need to go when i need to make some sort of change! Anyone else who wants to chime in feel free. Hope everyone is doing well.

8 Likes

All i used to eat was hamburgers, steak and turkey. My wife is not big on steaks or burgers. She will est them, but not often, and usually when me or her dad make them for dinners.

Anyway, i guess what im getting at is that we eats lots of veggies around here. Its always filling and definitely good for you, and like you said we dont get that bloated, ready to fall asleep after meal feeling.

We still eat plenty of chicken though, and some ground turkey for certain meals. Ive been eating a ton of soups lately, black bean soup and califlour soup from trader joes. Pretty good IMO.

1 Like

Awesome news! When i went vegan i found i could eat more and not feel heavy or gross. Luckily, there are many alternatives to animal products these days. Some companys i would recommend are field roast, beyond meat, gardein (they make great fishless sticks too) and tofurky.
If you are in the states Fatburger just started carrying meatless “Impossible” burgers that i think would fool most people into believing it is “the real thing”.
Of course straight fruits, veggies, legumes, seeds, beans, nuts are great too. Get creative, the options are endless.
Enjoy and reach out anytime!

3 Likes

i dont think i could ever go vegan because seafood is something i dont think i could ever give up… but i could see myself going pescetarian, i think thats what its called when someone only eats fish as their protein. Also i have heard great things about that impossible burger

3 Likes

Where you gettin your fish?? Trader Joes has a more than decent frozen fish selection:)

1 Like

i hate to be that guy but i cannot stand going into trader joes… its not that i dont like the selection but its the snobby people you run into… atleast out here in the suburbs… i like to get my seafood from Marianos.

3 Likes

I lost 140 pounds in college and one of my strategies was no red meat. Ten years later still doing it. Red meat has a lot of calories usually and is a bit harder to forest for your body.

The real key is get plenty of fiber and vitamins. Say no to sugar, period. Only vodka tonics. (Kidding!! Although I did that too…)

1 Like

I’ m a vegetarian since ten years. But a month ago I decided to skip every product wich comes from animals. So no eggs, milk, cheese and so. A vegan I’m trying to be. Wish you luck with your diet!

4 Likes

How much did becomming a vegetarian impact your health, weight, emotions, ect?

To be honest not much, but I never ate much meat.

1 Like

My health was always great despite my drinking. And my weight is always ok too. So needed no change.

1 Like

thanks for the reply. i am really glad i made this topic!

1 Like

Hi @Steve92,
I lost about 25 kg by eating less carbohydrates :-)…and eating like a caveman (Google: paleo). And now I’m for two years at the same weight…something I’ve never succeeded before. I also feel much more energetic eating less carbohydrates!!

1 Like

Ha. I’m in sothern California, everyone is like that here. So I get it. My traders trips a short and sweet. I know what I’m there fore and I get it quick. Try not to talk to anyone and get out of there:)

I am also vegan (hence the V Sue). Honestly it is the best thing I ever did in my life. I feel so much lighter. Physically lighter (though the scale disagrees) as well as emotionally lighter.

I know you said you couldn’t do it completely because you couldn’t give up your seafood…and I’m not here to say you are wrong or that you should give it up…I’m just going to say that just about every vegan has said something similar. I thought I could never give up cheese, and it was harder in the beginning. But overtime you just stop wanting it and you actually look forward to eating the alternatives.

I say give it a go with giving up meat for now. I hope you do lose weight and you do feel better. Then think about whether maybe you might like to try giving up something else for a bit. And then another. If you do, great, if you don’t, at least you tried.

Oh, and just to throw it out there…I bet ALL OF US HERE thought we could never give up booze, or drugs, or whatever it is we are here for. But here we are…giving it a go.

:peace_symbol: :yellow_heart: :avocado:
peace, love, and avocados

6 Likes

I had the best results eating a paleo diet. Dropped 50lbs in 3 months, and ate like a bear. Of course as soon as I reintroduced all of the excluded foods, not to mention booze, I gained 40 back.

The key is to find whatever you can live with. If it’s too hard to do, it’s too easy to cheat. Vegan. Whole 30. Paleo. Really it has to be a sustainable lifestyle.

1 Like

5 days just fish and veggies and I’m feeling really good… it’s hard a bit because I am allergic to a lot of fruits and vegetables lol such as : avocado, strawberries, raw tomatoes, apples, peaches to name a few.

Need to mix it up to avoid food fatigue. Different spices or way of cooking. Eggs are a good add. And bacon bits. Bacon bits are the fairy dust of food. Spoonful give a lot of magic, for just a few cals.

1 Like

Allergic to avocados…I couldn’t handle that. Avocado is my life!!

2 Likes

Ya if I eat any avocado I break out in canker sores and my throat feels like sandpaper :frowning: