First time trying a "diet" (non recovery topic)

You could try veggie burgers too! I’ve been having some yummy ones lately instead of actual burgers. I have red meat once in a while but mostly chicken for me. No seafood lol. Anyway, the veggie burgers are pretty delish. I put a lil guac on mine but since you’re allergic to avocados (sorry) maybe you could try a hummus? They have SO many flavors now! or you could always try making your own which is super easy (and cheap) :slight_smile: Keep us posted on your progress!!

Turkey and Salmon burgers are my go to when I have a hankering for something on a bun. Big fan of some of the TVP meatless stuff too. Don’t know if you have a Wegmans near you, but they have a huge selection of TVP foods. Wegmans is like Disney World for foodies.

1 Like

Oh…I buy real bacon bits. Big honkin bags of hormel 100% crumbled bacon bits.

The TVP stuff I like is the Don’t be a Piggy and Don’t have a Cow sausage crumbles and burger patties. Eat it when I’m doing a meatless fast.

@Yoda-Stevie Wegmans is amaziiiiing! and also 6 minutes from my house. Annnnnd also takes all of my money :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Better than Whole Paychecks, er, I mean Whole Foods. Whole lot better selection than Whole foods too.

1 Like

I’ve actually never been in one of those. It’s pretty far away, same with Trader Joe’s. Weggie’s forever! I actually have to go there tomorrow to grab a few things, better warn my wallet and not go in there on an empty stomach. I will buy everything lol

1 Like

They have the best Hummus and not those wimpy little containers either. Nope. They sell it in a half gallon tub!

1 Like

Eew. Give me the plain or roasted pepper or Siracha!

1 Like

I like to eat whole wheat matzos with my hummus, or naan bread.

1 Like

If you liked cheese, I would suggest a naan bread grilled cheese. My daughter’s favorite. She says my grilled cheese is the best.

1 Like

Dessert hummus ?!? :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

1 Like

I make pizza naan’s lol sometimes traditional and sometimes a white pizza kind with garlic naan :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Aaaaand I’m starving. Dang it.

1 Like

Same haha going to bed hungry, womp womp :pensive:

1 Like

Cocoa powder in vanilla hummus ? That’s a nooooope for me :joy:

1 Like

It’s been 14 days since I made this topic and I have still not eaten any red meat or poultry, have watched my sugar intake and have incorporated vegetables in to daily meals. I am down 4lbs!

7 Likes

I have been doing ketogenic for 1 month now and have lost 10 lbs. Finally! I only have to do 5 miles walking every day, which isn’t a lot if I break it into 4 walks + my every day steps at work. My husband has been on it 2 months and lost 25 lbs. of course he loses weight faster than me, darn it!

2 Likes

Meet your meat.
A baby i saw last weds moments before they were killed. :broken_heart:

1 Like

We give them water before the trucks turn in to the kill facility since they’ve been traveling sometimes for days without food or water.

1 Like

This hurts my heart. Precisely why I’m vegan.