First time trying a "diet" (non recovery topic)

And your point is what, exactly? I want to make sure I’m not making any assumptions, or misinterpreting your intentions, before I respond.

I’m mostly vegan (have fish sometimes) and my fiancé is a meat eater and loves my vegan food! Gardein is a great brand and the beyond beef burger is delicious. Inout go veggie “cheese” on it and no one knows it vegan. The diet change has made me feel so much more energized!!!

I will correct a few misconceptions you seem to have. That is clearly not a baby. That’s probably a 300 lbs critter. And traveling for days is ridiculous. I live in beef production country. And guess what you find where we grow millions of animals in a general area. We have packing houses! The laws for livestock transportation are that any trip over 8 hours the animals have to be unloaded and watered. The only time you will find animals being hauled over 8 hours is young animals being shipped to a different growing facility. As an example there was a drought in the Florida panhandle a few years back. Several animals got moved to the plains of Kansas and the ranches in Montana. If you find it ethically wrong to eat meat I can see your point. But let’s not tell 1/2 truths and lies.

1 Like

I also believe this exact same picture was posted a couple months ago on the “post pictures of your pets thread”, with pretty much the same implied intent.

1 Like

Agreed this was probably not the best thread to post the above pic on.

Well, since it has been several hours since you posted this to me, with no further clarification as to the intent behind it, I am left to surmise the intent to be one of provocation and the lack of clarification indicative of the level of conviction behind the provocation.

I’ll respect anyone’s choice to not eat animal products, and I’ll respect someone’s right to be 100% carnivorous. I’ll respect someone who hunts for game, raises and butchers livestock, or buys their meat processed and packaged. I believe in a high degree of personal liberty.

Thus is the stength of my convictions, which include not seeking to convict others.

Now, I will bag my diet for the evening as I celebrate my 100th day of sobriety with this tasty veal parmigiano sub, thinking of my sober twins @Benedictine and @JLove .

Peace.

4 Likes

Happy 100!!

1 Like

TOTALLY on topic. @Yoda-Stevie mentioned Hormel & these pigs are murdered at Farmer John. Saying it is off topic is ridiculous.The topic is about diet this is bacon before it becomes bacons. It’s not the same picture I posted weeks back as I took this last week.
. Those eyes strike a nerve and makes the post seem inflammatory to those that got offended.
They do travel across the country without food or water for days.
This pig is no older than a year, thus a baby. A smart innocent inquisitive baby that wants to live as much as a domesticated dog or cat.
The subject is very close to my heart obviously. Wasn’t trying to be an A hole just show the truth. It’s the least i can do for them.

Well i guess these truckers are moving around the law somehow because i know for a fact they cross multiple states without unloading them.
Animal welfare isn’t a high priority for our justice system.

1 Like

Veal :cry:
If you believe in personal liberty why take it away from the most innocent beings?

Happy 100

Aaaand you tag me again. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear you are trying to pick a fight.

Waste of time. I was a meat cutter, before I joined the Marines. I could process a half a steer on a weekday afternoon. Hogs, Mutton, chicken. I know how sausage is made, because I made it.

I’ve hunted and fished. I’ve butchered feed rabbits for dinner. Post all the pictures you’d like. If I can look at the devastation that an artillery shell, a landmine, or machine gun can do to a human body (and I have) pictures of pigs won’t break my heart.

I am unapologetically omnivorous. You can eat what you want, and I’ll eat what I want. If I die of trichanosis or high cholesterol, or bird flu, well that’s the consequences that result.

Yeah…Day 100. Great time to take a break. The fringe is getting a bit frayed, hereabouts.

If they are slaughter animals they are not on a truck for days!!! Point blank. Use your business sense. It is not logical to ship a animal for that far. One reason is they are at fattened and you are limited by the number of pounds you can carry. This is also a reason you will see the feeder (younger animals) being hauled for long hauls, you can haul several more animals. Another reason is if you have a finished animal you don’t need to run the risk of death. They have already been bought by the processing plant. They are in the business of making meat not pulling dead animals out of a trailer. So they might cross state lines but I would be pretty confident telling you a finished animal is not on a truck for anymore time than possible. Out here usually it 2-3 hours max. I’ll put it in terms of one calf at today’s market price $1.22 times 1300# equals $1586.00. How many head do you think they plan to loose. If you are opposed to meat then fine but I think your information about the hauling of them is incorrect.

Most trucks are caked in feces with many of the pigs foaming at the mouth that doesnt happen in 2-3 hrs. I know for a fact they travel at least from the middle of Utah to Vernon CA without letting them out

Alright. How did my topic about my diet turn into all of this arguing? You guys are really gonna make me close my own thread… this post wasn’t about going vegan or even vegetarian. It’s about me trying new things in sobriety… and keeping track of my food is a first for me.

4 Likes

I respect everyone’s decisions when it comes to what they eat… it’s your choice. I don’t care. I’m just trying to share my experience just like I always do on here.

3 Likes

You didn’t ask me, but I am gonna answer anyway! Bwahahaha

I have food tracked off and on for years. It does become second nature and if you eat a lot of the same foods, as I do, it is easy. Myfitnesspal is the app I use, which integrates wonderfully with Endomondo sports tracker (for workouts) and my fibit, which I use sporadically.

Food tracking does keep me much more aware and accountable. Now that I am at my year sober, it is time to get my added sugar in the form of chocolate situation under control. Swapping chocolate for fruit in most cases is my goal. Food logging makes me way more conscious of my mindless sugar feed. I have long known I love replacing one addiction with another…a process for sure.

1 Like

Pretty much the same for me too on all fronts @SassyRocks. I’ve tracked on and off for years with MFP. I tend to be a creature of habit and eat a lot of the same foods which makes it easier. I was eating such crap while I was drinking and would also never log those empty calories (hello denial). I’ve lost an inch in my hips so far with exercise in 37 (?) days time. Nothing drastic but pants are feeling much better! Instead of chocolate, I’ve been going for Strawberries non stop lol maybe you could compromise with some chocolate covered fruit! :joy:

3 Likes

Omg how freakin grosssss. How does someone even say, hey, you know what would be a good idea? Pumpkin spice hummus! Lolol yuckkkkk

1 Like

Coffee maybe, or a candle scent. Hummus? Never.

1 Like