First Token!

My last drink was July 23, 2017 when I found out I was pregnant. I didn’t stop drinking to be sober but did it to carry a healthy baby. After the arrival of my baby, I decided to breastfeed, another reason I didn’t go back to the bottle. During my pregnancy, my bf drank a lot. It got so depressing to watch…our lives became unmanageable. I turned to al-anon for support. It helped! I began to understand alcoholism as a disease, I began to see that his drinking was not my problem. During this time I also kept thinking of the person I was before getting pregnant. I was in the same boat as him. I loved my wine and he always provided it. Now, he has been sober for 15 months. Seeing him live life through the A.A. program, made me begin looking at myself. I wanted to live a simple life. I wanted to continue life without alcohol. I wanted to continue this simple life we both live now. Last month I decided to go to therapy for me. I wanted to begin working on myself. After this, I started going to A.A. meetings and last night for the first time I went to get my token! It felt great! I am no longer in denial. I am an alcoholic.
Living life.one day at a time! :pray:

9 Likes