First wedding sober for me

Hi guys, im 68 days today and yesterday attended one of my best friends wedding. Im pleased to say that it was a beautiful wedding but more importantly for me - I stayed sober!! I drank mineral water all day :blush:. I dont check in much but as I’m sitting here at the catch up drinks obviously in a bar im happy to say im drinking lemonade and having a nice time xx xx

20 Likes

Congrats! I am just 11 days sober and have weddings the next two weekends. I’m pretty nervous about keeping it up and not having a slip. Your post gives me hope, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations keep it up! Thankfully alcohol was never something I had a problem with but alcoholism runs so strong in my family. I am onlh imagine how difficult it must be. But being able to sit in a bar and just drink lemonade is awesome. I met someone the other day who is recovering and has breakfast every Sunday morning in a bar but doesn’t drink. It’s amazing having that will power

1 Like

That’s excellent you should feel so proud and you can remember everything- well done xx

1 Like

Congrats and thanks for sharing that - yes a sober wedding is possible! :joy_cat:

1 Like

Congrats on attending a wedding without drinking!!! That shit is hard. Cheers!

2 Likes

Wow that is a bit amazing - breakfast in a bar each Sunday :grin:

@hamluv16 the first few weeks you expect to be tough. I struggle with how to be 'normal ’ in social situations. But each one i attend is all practice. Good luck for your wedding events - its nice waking up without the hangover :blush:

1 Like

I was like wow now that’s control lol

1 Like

That’s awesome!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

That is Awesome! Well done!!! I remember my first sober wedding. I was nervous. I thought it was going to be uneventful and it would only trigger my urge to drink but I enjoyed a few Shirley Temples and danced the night away. The best part was being able to drive home with confidence and wake up the next morning hangover free with a memory of everything!

Good work! Very inspiring for me as I have a wedding to attend this summer with friends I met in college. Last time I visited I totally blacked out and made an ass out of myself so being sober there is going to mean a lot for me. Consider it slight redemption. Thanks for sharing!

I survived my first sober wedding! It wasn’t too bad as a couple of my friends are pregnant and clearly not drinking. None of my friends asked why I wasn’t drinking. Next weekend might be a little more challenging. But I’m keeping positive and not worrying about it until the time comes. :grinning:

Congrats @Katie ! I hope it was easier than you expected. My first wedding was around my 3 month mark. Funny because everyone was pretty loose by the time dinner was over and since all my cokes were out of rocks glasses anyway no one bothered to ask what was up. Not that it matters, but it kinda just adds to the anxiety. People asking I mean.

1 Like

Well done!! I’m 84 days sober & I’ve just been bridesmaid at a wedding this weekend & was sober! It’s the first time I can remember the whole day, ate the most gorgeous food and wasn’t hanging in the morning. My partner was slightly gutted though as I normally skip the food and opt for the wine instead & he gets two meals but yesterday he only had one & I was the one passing the free wine to the other guests!

2 Likes

Nicely done @Noo :slight_smile: