First week sober and feeling inspired!

am now on day 8 of being sober and feeling really good about it! It is my first week sober in close to 2 years.
I feel positive and very motivated to stay the course. This time next year I intend on buying a Toyota Tacoma with all the money Im going to save by being sober…provided i get my shopping under control. I tend to shop when im bored.
I finished painting a “sobriety stone” with words of inspiration and my sober date and have been holding it and carrying it around. I know the trick for me is staying busy and so I borrowed a friends dog to keep me company amd so I can take him for walks. We went for 6 walks yesterday hahaha Im sure hes not used to that. I also intend on getting back into excersizing and planning on going jogging in the next few days. My beautiful harden Ive grown for the firat time also brings me such happiness and pride :slight_smile: I love sitting outside and appreciating life.

I quit on 06.20.2020, it was the night of a new moon and summer solstice. My favorite / lucky number being 2 incidently enough. I am spiritual and witchy so all these things lining up on the day I finally found the strength and had enough motivation to make yhat choice is not accidental to me.

Today I am greatful the universe has given me the strength and inspiration to change my life and Im looking forward to meeting sober me.

11 Likes

Congrats on getting sober for a week! That first week is a big accomplishment. Keep it up! And it’s great you’ve started exercising. I know that has helped me the most. I know that alcohol would greatly hurt the progress I’m making at losing weight and getting fit. And of course it is a great stress reliever and confidence builder!

3 Likes

Congrats! Same here, excercising and walking my dogs have been a huge help in fighting the boredom that usually led me to drinking.
The amount of money you save is also amazing, and having a goal like a truck to purchase in the future is a great motivator.
Keep it up!

2 Likes

Congrats on starting your journey to becoming sober. You are right about staying busy, I think alot of people relapse because of bordem. Stay the course and you will have the toyota you always wanted. I kinda think like you about the extra money I have because I dont drink or smoke anymore. I send it all to the principle to pay off my house earlier than expected. Take care and stay sober my friend.

2 Likes

Congrats on 8 days!!! That’s awesome ! I am 12 days sober for the first time also in 2 years. I also feel great and super motivated to stay on track. I have been going to 3 meetings a day and on tuesday I will have to go get evaluated for outpatient treatment . Stay strong !

3 Likes

Congrats keep up the positivity and good work. Everyday is a beautiful day. Good to hear your on the right track.

1 Like

Well done you. I’m on day 7 and it’s the first for me in a few years. I’m glad I’m not the only one who has taken to shopping through boredom as such. I usually hate shopping but seems to have helped me. Keep up the great work xx

2 Likes

Well donee on your first week.

1 Like