First week without pot

Hi, my name is Nathan.
Well first thing first, I’d like to apologize for the grammar errors that could be happening in this text bc English isn’t my first language.
However, tomorrow is my first week free of pot.
I started to smoke weed when i was 16, next week I’m gonna turn 27y.
Last weekend I invited some friends to spend some time together at my house, two of those friends still smoking a lot, I didn’t prohibit they to smoke here and it wasn’t hard to say no, I was kinda proud of my self.
This isn’t my first time trying to kick off the weed, last year i tried to stop two times but either of those times i wasn’t strong enough to pass trough the second day.
I promised to my self that 2023 has to be different, I wasn’t thinking to stop completely, don’t get me wrong but I really enjoy to smoke. But the way i was going wasn’t recreational or even healthy.
So I decided to quit drastically, I know that I can’t do it gradually bc I already tried several times and never worked.
I think the first five days was kinda easy to keep going but today was for sure the hardest day to complete.
I woke up and felt something was missing, i missed the morning ritual of waking up and roll a joint and drink some coffe.
As i said, my friends came to visit me last week and I allowed they to use my old grinder, i didnt smoke with them but this morning I thought a lot about bc they used my old grinder and I found some weed dust inside the grinder and it was SO F HARD to resist.
I almost went out to buy some paper and tabacco to mix everything together inside the grinder…
I was so anxious and even now o felt kinda grumpy.
I went of to the gym and i think it helps a little bit.
I’m gonna clean the grinder and probably will hide it from my self.
I’m trying to keep my mind busy, I don’t want to do anything that I’ll probably regret.

Anyone has some advice to keep going?
I read some topics of ppl saying the first 3 days can be the hardest, but for me i think it was the easiest, the hardest has been rn.

8 Likes

You are doing a good job. Keep saying no. Give your grinder and anything else related to weed away.

One day at a time

4 Likes

tysm, I’ll throw it in the trash :heart:

2 Likes

Yeah, throw all of your paraphernalia away asap, you dont need any more avoidable triggers. 6 days is a great start, I found things got a bit easier after my first 2 weeks, so hang on, read here lots, it helps with distraction and inspiration, gym is great too so keep going with that :blush:

2 Likes

Congrats on quitting marijuana. Some advice is always keep in mind is what future do you want for yourself? Is it to be stoned all the time or is it to be successful?

2 Likes

Wow, you are right, tysm :two_hearts:

Tysm for the comment, I’ll keep going.
I did throw away all the paraphernalia after reading this comment :heart:

2 Likes

Hi Nathan :wave: I agree to throw everything away.
I also might suggest spending a bit of time away from your friends who still smoke. It is easy to fall into old habits, especially when surrounded by people who are still using.

1 Like

Well done on your 6 days buddy. You should be very proud!

Advice. Like everybody has said. Get rid of your shit, find playmates who don’t smoke that shit. You want rid of that life, build a new one. Best of luck to you my friend :pray::blue_heart:

1 Like