First weekend!

Usually this would be my hardest time of week for me fri & sat but I had a drink Wednesday ( day I decided enough was enough ) and as I only drink once a week I’ve kinda had my fill for the week so not really craving it yet…next Friday will be the test but! I’m still gona plan and spend my night and tomorrow with how I’m going to start using my time on a weekends to get that routine started hopefully this will get the ball rolling :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

You can do this.
No need to worry about next week. Just today.
I like your idea of changing your habits. That’s what worked for me.
We
I also got meds from my dr.
Come back and tell us what you did.
My life is kind of mundane. Work, ride, hang out with kids and granddaughter, walk, TV.
Now that I’m sober I can enjoy everyday not worrying what I said or did the night before. And mo hangovers.
Together we stay sober.

1 Like

Love this!
That’s the aim right there hopefully the stuff I put in place and stop having the “fear” of what I did the night before :see_no_evil::rofl:

1 Like

You can stay sober. It takes work and lots of changes but it is possible. I never thought after years of daily drinking i could quit but I did and so can you.
Your in great company here.

2 Likes

How are you? This is my 2nd weekend without alcohol. I try to keep busy with work, meditate, running, watching scary movies :wink: and ASMR on YouTube.
We can do this.:muscle:

I got rescued last night by a call off at work. After a 13 hr day all I wanted to do was have a drink (or bottle, since that is what I have knocking back nightly) got called on my way home/ liquor store and knew I didn’t want to try and function after that. So here’s to next Friday.

2 Likes

My first weekend too! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Definatly gona be my plan for the next few weekends…hows tonight going for you?

2 Likes

Tonight will be a tad difficult. I think I am coming back here to gain support. I really want to shop today. I am hanging with my bunnies to remember that I don’t need to.

2 Likes

Thats good keep your mind focused on something else…but Snap! I got the craving earlier and then I went to town for a food date and saw everyone out so I’ve come home get a long bath and chill hopefully another sober night under the belt!

1 Like

I’m doing good now ,thnx. Normaly I would go for a drink now ,straight after work. I really wanted to…but instead I bought 2 alcohol free beers .Now in pj’s watching Netflix. Hope you will enjoy your weekend.

1 Like

Monday is tomorrow. I am glad. I am not sitting around aching thru the urges! Tomorrow I have doctor’s appointment, I am training a client’s dog to become a service dog. Then I have Tuesday where I am meeting my oldest for family counseling (stomach drops) then right after I have my massage therapist to help with tapping into my PSN (after counseling). It’s something I need to support regulation.

1 Like

It’s really good you’ve got it all booked in though and not just thinking about doing it…taking good steps to your future :slight_smile:

1 Like