First Year Down

Hi all, haven’t checked in for a little while but today is day 365, I genuinely can’t believe it.
Just want to say thank you to everyone who I have spoken to (especially in the early days) and to all the others who have shared their experiences. Keep going everyone, we can definitely do this👍

38 Likes

Nice one! I’m a couple of weeks behind you. It’s an incredible feeling.

Are you still doing everything you did in the earlier months to stay sober?

6 Likes

Huge congratulations!! :tada: what an acheivement! I hope you are doing something nice to celebrate :blush:

1 Like

Well done! Yeah it’s a great feeling, never would have thought it was possible last year. Tried various things really, started off with AA but stopped after a couple of months (small town and same story’s every week!). Biggest thing is that my mindset just seemed to gradually change, used to use any excuse of stress to drink so just found other distractions to the point I don’t think about it half as much now (still not perfect though!) How about you?

2 Likes

Congrats on one year! Its still the early days brother, one day at a time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice, congrats! Im a couple days behind u as well. i know what u mean, it does seem to be getting easier to deny the urges but like Steve said remember its still early in the game, dont let ur guard down. Remember just how sneaky addiction is…just one is never gonna be enough and it likes to manifest in a different substance if it cant draw u back in with ur doc. reach out if u need help! Its too early in the morning here to eat ice cream just yet but ill break it out this afternoon for the ice cream party :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Congrats on your first year!! Whats your favorite change so far?

2 Likes

Amazing. AA all the way for me. And listening to people who have been there and done it.

3 Likes

Thanks, definitely best thing is family life, me and my wife are so much better these days.

2 Likes

1_year_clean_and_sober_button-rf0dbce445cbd4b37a4aabf5728cba75c_k94rf_307
Congratulations!! :notes:

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! So happy for you😀

1 Like

Wow congrats! I can’t imagine making it that far

1 Like

@MooseHead very well done my friend. Inspiration!

Very true

2 Likes

Congrats sir!

1 Like

Congratulations! I can’t wait to be able to say I’ve had a year sober and a lifetime after that😊

1 Like

Good going and congrats!!

1 Like

It will come around quickly!

1 Like

Congratulations on your first year! Thats an amazing acheivement! :star_struck:

1 Like

365 days of getting better at getting better!

1 Like