Five days clean today

Hello everyone. As you all known my post in the past was always the same thing about me relapsing and feeling sorry for myself… well this week I have fought to be sober. And I know it’s not much but I’ve been 5 days sober today. I had a urge today. And instead of running to the liquor store. I prayed cried out for help realize what my actions have been in the past. And asked god to help me with my addiction. Things have been falling into place since I’ve been sober. And miracles have happened because of god!

17 Likes

Good start man.
Welcome back.
I hope you’re getting some good support too. It’s almost impossible to do it alone.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

“And I know it’s not much but I’ve been 5 days sober today.” @Barker1985 that’s freaking HUGE BRO!!! Dude I tried so hard for many years to get 5 days in a row so it’s a big deal and I’m proud of you man! Any victory is still a victory keep up the good work you’re doing great!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Good job dude. What are you doing with yourself?

I agree with that. Yes I talk to others like me on here and AA meetings

2 Likes

Thank you bro your totally right. It’s a great victory. Thanks bro for your support means allot to me

1 Like

Staying busy for sure. Reading. Books. Watching videos about addiction and how to change talking to people in classes and on like. Spending time with my family and kids

4 Likes

Every day sober is a great victory my friend.
Whether it’s day 1, 5, 105 or 1005. We still only ever have today to be sober.
Well done mate. Keep working it.

1 Like

Thats great Barker ! Good to hear brother glad GOD is working miracles on you sobriety rocks

2 Likes

Wasn’t god m8 it was u. You chose not to u made the decision well done keep it up

2 Likes

Sure as hell could have been God. :pray:
I’d go with God🙏
:pray::heart:

1 Like

hi, scott! i’m so happy you’re back and fighting the good fight. huge congrats on 5 days. the first few days (weeks?) can be absolutely miserable (they were for me, at least). in case you haven’t tried - in the rooms has great meetings if you want to dive into another wonderful sober community. :heart:

1 Like

Five days is still five days. As long as you keep trying, that’s really what matters.

3 Likes

How are ya today dude?

1 Like

Fantastic work! Good job fighting that urge. One day at a time- you’ve got this!

1 Like