Flare Calmers at my first funeral sober!

I have just a hit a week sober! This is my first time going sober using this app and i feel it makes it alot easier.

Yesterday i attended a friends funeral and i was worried as it was my first visit to a pub surrounded by friends drinking alcohol in which i would be staying sober.

I wore my flare calmers, these are clear ear plugs that allow you too hear everything but they lesson the harshness and sharpness of sounds and make loud noises less triggering and allow you to focus.

When im in large groups of people i used to binge drink and lose control and the noise would cause me to be anxious which i would try to mask with more alcohol.

I sailed through yesterday without a bother. I even went out for a family meal afterwards where i would usually drink with food, and i didnt.

I woke up this morning feeling so so much better.

My will power mixed with my flare calmers in my ears made a hard day seem easy!

15 Likes

Ooooh love that idea! Ive been nearly glued to my headphones :headphones: as im realising more and more how much noise sensitivity and overwhelm i get , drinking shut all the noises off so now learning some other tools

2 Likes

Oh yes these are great i wear them all day everyday i forget i even have them in, definitely worth a try if sound is a trigger for you too, i hope they help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Congrats on making it through a challenging situation!
Are these ear plugs off the shelve or are they custom made?

3 Likes

Hii thankyou!! It feels great :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

They are off the shelf! I buy mine from the website below, i have the normal ones which are good, but the soft ones i have are much more comfortable

3 Likes

I use loops as well. Not sure if they are as good as this. If there’s a lot of noise about me or chaotic noise and people I start to build towards a meltdown.

2 Likes
3 Likes

These look good ill have to try!

1 Like

Do you guys have any experience how these compare to noise cancelling ear buds?

2 Likes

I just ordered Loop Quiet as my hubby is a massive snorer and I’m a horrible sleeper :laughing: Normally I use disposable but I like reusable idea better

3 Likes

These do not cancel noise only calm frequencies that you dont need to hear,

3 Likes

Congrats on your week sober! Great idea with the ear plugs to help with keeping you calm :muscle:t3:

3 Likes

Same, I wake up so easily that I have the quiet ones for sleeping. I don’t do good with less sleep :sleeping: hope it works for you, I find them comfy!

3 Likes

Thank you! And a person i know who is also sober recomended them, didnt expect them to work so well!

2 Likes

Welcome Kirby.
Congratulations on……. I guess 8 days now.

Reading, venting, supporting others, and just checking in on this great sober app has been key to my sobriety.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you! This app is really helping me too hopefully ill reach years sober like yourself!

2 Likes

Just one day at a time.
ODAAT
It’s so cliche but it’s the only way I could do it.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

That was my quote for today from the app :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i find tbem very helpful too,

2 Likes