Flu like Withdrawal symptoms?

Does anyone else get flu like symptoms when they try and detox from alcohol. Seems like every time I do

1 Like

I personally did not have any flu like symptoms but everyone is different.

I had more of the classic symptoms like nausea and headaches, phantom hangovers and being 100% sure the world was ending.

3 Likes

Symptoms I commonly experience:

Cold sweats but I am either freezing or burning up, sleeplessness, hunger can be all over the place, stomach usually hurts, itchiness, and I can be shaky.

1 Like

Yeah I’d get the overall body aches and waking up every hour either sweating or cold the first night. Than just nausea/ stomach problems after that with awful anxiety.

Normal. Any food or drug can have flu like withdrawal. But not everyone gets the same. I’ve had the sniffles.

I’ve just given up all wheat products and dairy so I will probably get flu like symptoms in the next few days.

It could be withdrawal…. Or Covid

1 Like

Extreme anxiety, clammy/ sweaty, depression, low energy, low appetite, dehydration symptoms like chapped lips, headache, and all the physical pain I was masking with alcohol sets back in. Hello back pain!

I got Battled Covid and suboxone withdrawal at the same time! You may be coming down with something.

Please see your doctor. :heart:

4 Likes

Definitely had head and body aches. My recommendation is to spend as much time in bed for a few days. Don’t push yourself to do much…it will only frustrate you and tempt you into throwing in the towel. This crappy feeling won’t last but you have to push through it.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

1 Like

It’s been well over 4 years since I’ve had to ask that question. Maybe rather than asking about that you should be asking how people got, and stayed, sober. Then you won’t have to worry about withdrawals either.

Hey good fucking idea !

Have you considered rehab, outpatient, therapy, AA, counseling, SMART, celebrate recovery or any of the other programs? Are you willing to follow suggestions? Willing to daily action to get and stay sober?

If so then you don’t need to worry about hangovers. If you aren’t willing to do some of those things then enjoy your hangovers because you’re gonna keep getting them.

2 Likes

Appreciate your words of encouragement. Never in a million years would I have thought of your ingenious ideas. Your a fucking noob

1 Like

Mr I’m 4 years sober looking down on someone struggling. Kicking them while they are down. Preciate man. Your a good one. You should be proud

I’m going to go ahead and gues your attitude is probably your biggest barrier.

You come here to cry about your hangovers but don’t want to stop them in the first place.

Grow up. Be an adult and put in the work to get sober.

1 Like

Take your negativity elsewhere.

1 Like

So you know what to do. That means it’s action you lack.

When I finally got sober I did 30 days inpatient rehab. When I got out I did 3 months of IOP, 3 days a week. I had counseling weekly. I went to at least one AA meeting a day. I was on medication. After a few months I moved into sober living. I got a sponsor and started working the steps. Even today I still go to meetings and utilize therapy when I need it

2 Likes

Good for you. I run a busy business. I’m building a house. Have kids. Everyone is different. Just don’t come here bashing people in a different situation. It’s hard. Harder for some. The negativity is not needed.

1 Like